Part 18

1 week later, a week before graduation.

"Right!? No matter what you do, they'll always make fun of ye." I laugh.

"And the flirting!" Lucille laughs.

"Flirting?"

"Yeah, the boys can't stop it!" She laughs.

"Ah yes, because yer still young."

"So girls never flirt with you?" She asks.

I almost choke on my own spit.

"Flirting? With me? Pshht. No way. I am old. No. Never have i- students flirted with me." I sweat.

"Old? You're not that old. Besides, i would definitely flirt with you if i were your student." lucille says dead serious.

"What?"

"Oh come on George. I have a crush on you okay. You are devilishly handsome and you're an amzing person." She says.

"You do?"

"Yes."

We stop in the middle of the hallway. She backs me up against some lockers.

"Do you like me too George?"

Lucille leans in closer and closer. Then, her lips touch mine. My eyes widen and i try to pry her off of me.

From the corner of my eye, i notice Cami turning around the corner.
I push Lucille off of me.

"Camille!" I yell.

"I'm sorry. She used to be in my class. I have to talk to her and know if everything is going well with the...stuff she has to learn." I excuse myself and follow Camille.

I catch up to her near the exit of the school.

"Camille. How are ye?"

She continues walking.

"I'm good George and you?" She asks, not looking at me once.

"Good."

We pass a playground.

"I miss you y'know." I say softly.

"Really? Didn't seem like it."

"She came on to me!" I defend myself.

"It's fine George. It's not like we're together anymore."

Ouch that stung.

She walks through the playground to get to the other side of the street, completely ignoring me.

I pull her aside.

"Cami stop it. Look at me. Talk to me. Can't you see what you're doing to me? I miss you so fucking much. I love you. Not being with you actually kills me." I say, my eyes filled with tears.

I don't care who sees.

Cami tries to hold back but eventually starts crying too.

"I love you Cami." I pant.

She bites her lip and pulls herself away from me. Though i won't let her, i pull her back to me.

At that moment a kid kicks his ball hard, it hits Cami's stomach.

"Nooo!" She yells.

She falls down on the ground, her arms clenched around her stomach.

"No no no!" She cries.

"Cami?" I ask fearfully.

The ball couldn't have hit her that hard right?

"Come on get u-"

My eyes widen and my heart literally stops as i see a little puddle of blood forming in between Cami's legs.