Part 21

5 months later

I open my eyes to see a dressed Cami sitting on the edge of our bed, facing away from me.

"Cam?"

I get up and sit next to her.

"Are you alright?" I ask, wrapping my arm around her.

These past few months have been tough for her.
She's finished high school and has gotten used to living with me.

However, with her being so close to delivery and no mother or father around to support her, has been depressing for her.

"I saw my mother." She says, hugging me sideways.

"Oh..."

"She...she was happy to see me and...she's happy for me."

"That's a good thing right?"

"She said that she'll help me with the baby and that she'll even give you another chance. It's just...my father won't speak to me. He was with her but literally pretended not to see me."

I put my head on top of hers.

"Listen Cam. It'll be okay. You have your mom back. And, you have a new family now. Your own. You have me and our little guy." I say, cupping her stomach.

"Oh George, i know. I just wish i had my father here too for this whole experience."

"I know Cam."

She looks up at me.

"I'm scared Geo."

I caress her cheek softly.

"Why?"

"Childbirth."

"I know love. But you're strong. And i'll be there with you the whole time. I'll always be there for you. For the both of you."

-

"What will we call him?" I ask as Cami is fixing some dinner.

She looks so adorable with her big belly.

"I was thinking Marcel, after my grand father."

"Marcel Beaumont- Harrison." I say staring into the distance.

"Sounds beautiful." She says.

Suddenly, i hear plates falling and ahattering onto the ground. I quickly get up and rush over to Cami.
Her face is pale and she's standing in a puddle of water.

She looks up at me, her eyes wide.

"M-my water broke."

I can't help but smile and help Cami get to car.
We rush to the hospital.

"George, i'm scared." She says, squeezing my hand as she's laying in the delivery room, waiting for the doctor to come help her.

"It's gonna be great Camille. You're going to do so great." I say, trying to calm her.

Sweat is dripping down her forehead and her hair is a mess, yet i can't help but think she looks absolutely beautiful.

Helplessly, she looks into my eyes. I kiss her and lean my forehead against hers.

"We're going to have a baby."

-

The End