Part 19

I rush to help Cami...somehow.

"Cami? Hey, stay awake." I say as Cami's eyes roll back into her head.

Her face turns pale and her eyes clothes. She falls down but i catch her in my arms.

As i sit with Cami in my arms on the ground, and the puddle of blood only gets bigger a group of children has surrounded us, watching with big eyes.

"Cami please wake up. God...Cami." I cry.

Thank god, one of the children's parents had seen it all happening and called an ambulance.

-

In the ambulance the nurses are trying to get Cami to consciousness. She doesn't wake up though.
My anxiousness only grows and my surroundings start to fade as i feel like i'm going to faint myself.

They rush Cami to an emergency room and hook her up to all kinds of equipment.

2 hours later.

CAMI'S POV

I open my eyes and am hit by the flash of a white light. I look around me and see George sitting next to me, holding my hand.

"You're awake." He says hopefully.

"Am i-"

"You're in the hospital Cami."

I swallow hard, my hands immediately feeling my stomach.

"It's okay Cami. The baby wasn't affected by the ball." George smiles, kissing my hand.

"B-but how. I saw the blood."

George sighes and then chuckles.

"You truly never did pay attention during my classes huh?"

He cups my cheek.

"Blood doesn't mean miscarriage."

"Then what happened?"

"You already had a tear in your uterine sac. And When the ball hit your stomach the tear started bleeding. It's nothing you should be worried about but you should check in with your doctor more often." He explained.

"You're fine and the baby is too."

I sigh relieved, resting my hands on my stomach.

I try to avoid talking to George but i know i can't.
I have to face him and his questions eventually.

"How long have you known you were pregnant?"

"Last week...in the bathroom at school."

He nodded understandingly. It all made sense to him now.

"You've been pregnant for 3 months."

My eyes widen. "Three?"

"Yes."

"B-but...i got my period regularly and...3 months?"

"Yes Cam...sometimes women bleed during pregnancy. And in your case...you already had a little tear in the uterine sac. So that's the reason of your blood loss, it wasn't your period.

"Why do i have that tear? Is something wrong with me?"

He laughs.

"No. It just happens love. You can't do anything about it."

"Oh..."

We remain quiet for a while.

"Were you ever gonna tell me you were pregnant ?"

I gulp.

"I don't know."

"Is this the reason you've been avoiding me? Were tou scared i was going to push you away and leave you or something? Because i would never do that to you." He says.

I nod. "One of them."

"What are the others?"

"My-uh...father threatened to kill you."

His jaw drops slightly. "Oh."

"Either i stayed away from you or he was gonna make sure i couldn't get near you anyways..." i admit shamefully.

"Cami i want you to know that i will be there for you every step of the way." He says, rubbing his thumb reassuringly over my hand.

"S-so you're not mad at me."

"I could be. But i can't even imagine what you must have been going through these past few weeks."

He puts his hand on my stomach.

"And i don't care what your parents think, i will take care of this baby."

"I love you George." I blurt out.

He looks at me, his eyes falling to my lips.
Desperately, i grab his face with both of my hands and kiss him.

God i've missed him so fucking much.

After a minute or so, he pulls away. "I love you too Cami."

"George, if it were up to me, i would have mever left you. But i had to." I cry.

"I had to for your sake. I just...i couldn't imagine what i'd do if my father actually hurt you. I am so so sorry George. Please forgive me."

He hugs me.

"Cami of course i forgive you. I love you. You had no choice and you had to deal with the pregnancy alone. You are so strong Camille. And...i just wish i could have been there for you."

"B-but i shouldn't have pushed you away." I cry.

"Hey, stop your crying okay. It's fine. I'm here now."

I grab his hand with both of mine.

"I don't want us to break up again. I want to raise this baby with you."

George remains quiet.

"If that's what you want too..."

"Of course Camille."

I pull him close to me and nuzzle my head in his neck.

"I just have to do something ab-"

"I know love. We'll figure something out. Just know that i'll be there for you. Both of you."