Guilt!

I made my way to the end of the bridge and hailed a cab. The first thing I did was get a new phone. The second was text Drake I was going to a safe house for the night. I had emailed him a few times because I knew my phone had probably been compromised and even texting LP had been a risk.

Of course he wanted to join me, but I told him he didn't need to be seen with me for his own safety. Though he was being persistent, so I asked him to run by my house to get some things. Dark had said it was clean. I had him meet me at a set of apartments.

"This seems a bit fancy for you." He handed me the file and I wanted to kiss him, but not publicly because I didn't want to put him in danger.

"Yeah, it's for emergencies. It's not in my name, so no one should expect me to be here." I pulled him towards the elevators. We made our way to the apartment. I unlocked it and we walked in.

"Wow, this place is," I cut him off by pulling him into a kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I've missed you." He fidgeted as I spoke.

"I missed you too."

I froze because he sounded guilty. Why would he feel guilty? I was the one that blew him off. Attempting to push it out of my mind, I started going through the file he gave me. I tried to brush it off, but something bothered me about the way he had said it. Maybe it was just me.

I called the DA and explained my absences for the past two days, and Drake roamed the apartment. I told her I was in a safe house until the trail. She wasn't a fan that my client was trying to kill me but didn't suggest I release him. After all, I had no concrete evidence.

"So, you're living here till the end of the trail?"

"Yes, and I need you to be extra careful till then, okay. No coming by the office. No coming to the trail. No coming by my house or here. Okay?"

"Can't I stay here with you?" I look up at him. "I would feel better knowing that you're not alone."

"D, I don't want put you in danger too. I was selfish enough asking you to bring this here." He walked up and hugged me.

"You're not being selfish. I want to be here for you."

"If you want to stay, you can't leave. We don't need to risk them following you." He nodded. "Thank you, D."

"Of course."

I went to take a shower and when I walked back in Drake was watching tv with take out in his lap.

"Hey, I order in." He held up some food. I went and sat as close to him as possible as I ate. "_____ are you okay?"

"Yea, I'm fine," I mumbled.

I felt him sifted, and I felt a pang that it was so much harder to open up to him than to Darkwing. If anyone would care, it would be Drake, but I didn't want to bog down his perfect world with my problems.

Word Count: 559