Green Eyes & Green Skin!

I made my way up and out and called Gosalyn.

"Don't speak. Get to the roof. Use the vents. Stay safe." I told her.

There was a small grunt of approval and she hung up. I ran up the stairs and pushed open the emergency exit. The alarm had long ago been disabled thanks to Gosalyn's pension for sneaking onto the roof. Dark was there, pacing.

"How did you get here so fast?" I asked and he jumped like a scared cat.

"I was responding to the abnormal energy spikes."

"Spikes as in more than one? When? Now?" I spun towards the door. He caught my arm.

"They happened hours ago but I was... on another case." What I could see of his face, was bright pink.

"Oh?" I raised an eyebrow. "Does this other case have a name?"

"Hm. What?" He squeaked and it was fun to see his not so mysterious side. He cleared his throat and straightened. "No, I was looking into the fire at The Ahiru."

"Ahh. I knew that wasn't your fault."

"Glad to know I have someone on my side."

A noise came from the vent and my eyes snapped to it. I could see Gosalyn watching us through the slits.

"Gos," I stepped past Dark to the vent grate and lifted it. "This my friend, Darkwing."

She crawled out and looked at him than me. "You didn't tell me you were friends with him!"

"You were talking about me?" Darkwing smirked. I nodded, slightly embarrassed.

"Yeah! You're from that TV show," Gos bounced.

"You've seen it?" Dark tilted his head.

"I started watching when that actor died and the lady on the news started talking about it." I could see this starting to spiral.

"Guys, more important things. Listen, Gos." I grabbed her shoulders. "Darkwing is going take you somewhere safe."

"No!" she stomped in protest.

"I am?" he hummed.

"Gosalyn it's truly not safe here." She crossed her arms and huffed. I stood and faced Dark. "Take her to my apartment. It's unlocked. Please, I'll owe you."

"That's unsafe. And you don't owe me," he mumbled.

"Thank you," I hugged him. I pulled away and leaned down to Gosalyn.

"Are you two dating?" she asked, looking between us.

"No." My face was definitely red. "We're just friends but he'll keep you safe."

"Are you sure?" She looked at him and he nodded. "Because kinda feels like your dating."

"Come on, kiddo," Dark chuckled and offered a hand and shot the grappling hook into the air.

I made my way back downstairs. I headed straight for Waddlemeyer's office and grabbed what I could fit in a box he had in the room. I bolt for the exit not stopping for anything or anyone. Bulba was standing by the receptionist's desk and walked over to me.