I AM SHOOKETH!

A/N: Bruh watch the video... it's the whole chapter not gonna lie 🤣

________________________________

"You're Jim," I whispered.

"Did you hit your head?"

He looked confused. I didn't know how else to explain it. The sudden urge I had felt to explain and express my feelings and fill the empty space left me when I realized he was Drake. I pulled out of his arms.

"Kathy's turning you into Jim. That explains the new clothes, your attitude, the car. I bet that's how she got the book. You gave it to her."

"I wouldn't," he started.

"You wouldn't. But some-asshole-that's-stuck-up-her-ass like Jim was, would!" I screamed.

He looked shocked.

"Okay then why is she turning me into Jim?"

"He was her Darkwing," I whispered. He blinked again. "We need the book back."

Without a response I bolted for his bike. I reeved it and looked at him.

"We need to think this through," he stared.

"I'm going with or without you," I said.

We reached the back alley of Kathy's building and D pulled out his grappling hook. He shot it skywards and we landed on her balcony. He reached for the door and it didn't budge.

"Who locks their bay window?" D asked.

"Someone with something to hide from a vigilante," I mumbled.

I stooped and started working on the lock.

"You're gonna get arrested one of these days," he shook his head.

"Don't worry. I know a lawyer," I quipped automatically.

We snuck through her house. It seemed awfully quiet and seemed abandoned for the night. The bedroom door was open but the closet door had been locked back. I knelt again and started unlocking it.

"I wonder where she is?" he whispered.

"Probably wherever you came from," I snapped.

I worked in silence for a minute but then he sighed.

"I thought you knew," he whispered.

I looked over my shoulder at him. I could see he believed that. But there was no way I could have know. I spilled my guts to him about me, about us, about my feelings and he never said a word. He gave a frustrated sigh.

"I thought," I cut him off.

"This isn't the time or place," I said.

The door opened with a click. The room looked like a not closet.

"Um, what are we doing here again?" D asked.

"It was here!" I realized how loud I was. "The book was here."

I pulled the picture on my phone. He looked at it again.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"Why would she lock a normal closet?" I asked.

"You have a point. But why go through all the trouble of," he was cut off by someone walking in the living room.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the closet. We heard them walk into the bedroom.

"Not even that nosey lawyer?" a man asked.

D went to say something but I covered his mouth.

"Oh she thinks she knows what I'm up too but she's just as wrapped around my finger as Drake is," Kathy cooed.

I let go of D and we settled into what was probably going to be a long stay.

"I don't like you spending so much time with him," the man snapped.

"Oh Love, you know you're the only man I have eyes for," she laughed. "Besides. He is perfect for the part."

"If you say so," he huffed.

"You know I would never cheat you out of a role," she chuckled.

"I also know you're the reason I lost my shot to begin with," he snapped.

"Don't be silly, Jim," she was cut off by a growl, "You know what I mean. I want you back in the spotlight just as much as you want to be back but we have to play our cards right."

The was moment of silence from the other side of the door

"I need a drink," he huffed.

The bedroom door slammed open and we could hear distant conversation from down the hall.

"Jim? As in Sterling?" D whispered.

"There's no way? Is there?" I asked.

We had both read the corner report and I heard Drake talk about what happened. Jim was dead. He should have been dead. There was a pause in conversation and D stuck his head out the closet. He waved me to follow.

We reached the island and looked into the massive living room. Jim was gone and Kathy was on the balcony. The front door was a straight shot. We just had to hope she wouldn't turn around.

"Go first. I'll give it a minute then go," I said.

I thought up an excuse. If we got caught separately it would be easier to explain. He slipped out the door without being spotted. I made it to the door and opened it.

"Dearie! What are you doing here?" Kathy asked. I mentally curse worse than a sailor.

"I knocked," I said. Then I realized I was facing the wrong way. "I was going to talk to you about Drake but you looked pensive so I thought better of it."

"You look like you were snooping," she chuckled. "But by all means what about Drakey?"

I held in a curse. She poured a glass of whiskey and held it out for me. I wasn't going to turn down free booze. I took it and ignored the half drank glass on the other side of the bar.

"Well he hasn't been acting himself recently. I think he's hiding something from me but I don't know what," I mumbled.

"Oh all actors are like that, dear. Doesn't matter if you're dating them or not. And trust me, it's not any easier being one," she laughed. "He's probably practicing for a roll or had one too many sleepless nights."

"I know but you two just seem really close so," I lied through my teeth.

"Oh, Sweetie. We barely know each other. I talk a big game but that's just me keeping up my image," she winked. Then she shifted. "Though I have enough experience to know when someone thinks their partner is hiding something it's because they are."

"I don't know," she cut me off with a laugh.

"You and Darkwing, silly. You're falling for him aren't you _____?" she hummed.

"No!" I shouted and covered my ears like a child. Not at the accusation but at the sound of my name. She laughed.

"Tell me I'm wrong?" she asked. After a minute she circled me and placed her hands on my shoulders and hummed in my ear. "That's gonna break poor Drake's heart."

I looked at her. She didn't know. She didn't know they were the same person and she was ripping him in half. Still she had said both of our names again and I needed to get out of here before she said something else.

"I would never hurt Drake," I managed.

"We can't help who we love, dear," she said with a sad smile.

"I need to go," I said, standing.

I made it to the door and she called out.

"Tell Darkwing I say hello."

I balled my fist and slammed the door. I made my way through the lobby and stared at the street deciding where to go from here.

Word Count: 1221