Road Trip!

"We're we going at nearly midnight on a Saturday?" he asked.

"Duckburg public library," I said, already packing my bag. "And do you have a car or something because I've got something I need to do on the way."

"I've got the thunderquack. How do you plan on getting in?" He crossed his arms, moving out of my way so I get a change of clothes.

I tugged the lanyard off the wall hook and tossed it in the bed. He picked it up an examined it as I threw the clothes on the bed and pulled out my overnight bag.

"What is it?"

"He owns the city. This lets me into most major public buildings anytime I want. Including but not limited the museum, the bin, the library, and the ballpark for some reason." I plucked the card from his hand, and stuffed it and my laptop in the bag. "Ready?"

"That's scary," Dark mumbled.

"Yea well. He's the richest duck in the world and he is the business of preventing possible law suits. Though knowing his family, it's still not enough," I laughed.

"His idea or yours?" Dark asked.

I shrugged and finished up. "Now the kid."

"Are we taking her with us?" he groaned.

"No where else for her," I whispered then gave him a wicked smile. "Unless you want to leave her at your place?"

"Not a chance."

He disappeared out the window. It about twenty minutes before I heard the loud roar of an engine pull up. I got a text from Dark say to come down and I woke up Gosayln enough to tell her I was picking her up.

The car ride was silent for the first hour. I did my work and Dark was in deep thought about something. All of sudden I looked up from the computer expecting a crash. Gos was screaming. I flung the laptop down and turned the back seat.

"Where are we going?!" Gosalyn asked, pulling away from me.

"Duckburg. I didn't want to wake you." I was talking slowly, like she was a stray. She looked the part at the moment.

"How do I know that? How do I know you're not kidnapped me?!"

"We already had you," Dark mumbled softly. Hopefully she didn't hear him.

"Not helping," I shot back. I patted my pockets for her phone. I leaned closer to her and held it out. "Here you can call the cops if you want."

She snatched and started to play on it.

"Gosayln, you trusted me to help you get away from Bulba. Just keep trusting me." She still looked suspicious of us, though she wasn't typing on her phone. "We're going to Duckburg's Library, McDuck's personal collection. Maybe you'll find something to help your grandfather."

"If we go anywhere else, I'm calling the cops," she grumbled and looked out the window.

The potential of finding help for her grandfather was enough to make her relax slightly. She didn't know us very well. I was a stranger her grandfather had introduced her to, and Darkwing was a masked vigilante. I didn't blame her for being scared. She barely knew us.

We pulled outside the library at three am. Gosayln tried not to marvel at the car but failed. Dark parked around the corner and I showed Gosayln the keycard reader on the main entrance and let her swipe us in. She bounced behind nervously, but knowing that she was holding the key helped.

She let us in the back room I had shown them. It was full to the brim with books piled in every corner. somewhere laying on the floor open. Others were slacked by someone who was trying to bake a pie or summon the dead. The tiles gave conflicting messages.

"What are we looking for?" I spun towards Dark with a clap.

"Don't look at me; this was your idea." He threw his hands up in surrender.

"Touché, but you're our lead Morgana expert. We talking amulets, potions, possession?"

"She's not possessed, and the show never mentioned anything about where she got her power." He thought for a minute. "There was a spell book that was referred to a lot, but it only showed it once. Not the cover, but they called it Grimoire da Nuanjath."

"Alrighty, so we're looking for spell books."

I looked at the chaotic pile. We were going to be her a while.

Word Count: 739