A Prosecutor, a Persecutor, a Suitor & the Traitor!

Leaving the library was harder than making it back to the city. The librarian sniffed out the book hidden in my bag. She tried to rip it off my arm.

"All of Mr. McDuck's collection stays in the library at all times!" the lady screeched.

"It's important," Dark started but I grabbed his arm to cut him off.

"Let me call Scrooge." I pulled out my phone. It rang and rang. I sighed in defeat, "I got voicemail."

The lady tried to take my bag again. Dark blocked her and I thought he was going to fight the old lady. Gosalyn sighed dramatically.

"Aren't you running late?" she asked me.

"You're right," I mumbled.

I dug into the bag and pulled out the book. The lady snatched it in a flash. Before Darkwing or Gosalyn could protest, the librarian disappeared. We turned to Gos.

"Gosalyn!" Dark shrieked.

I pulled him towards the exit before he could begin a lecture. The car ride was quiet. We were thinking about different things. We made it back to the city with an hour to spare. Gosalyn bounced up to my apartment but I paused before I opened the car door.

"Thanks," I said. He tilted his head. I added, "For everything."

"No problem," he popped. I opened the door and stood but paused when he cleared his throat. "I'll just be doing research tonight so if you need me don't hesitate."

"Okay. Will you need this?" I pulled out the Grimoire Lux.

"How did you get that?" He snatched the book.

"Easy, the five finger discount."

He made a face. I just winked and headed in.

Gosalyn made herself at home in the living room while I showered. I was picking out my outfit when Drake busted into my room.

"Ready?" He spun in his heel. "Sorry."

"What? Don't like the view?" I hummed.

"No. I mean yes. I mean hum... who's the kid?" He peaked through a crack in the door to the couch.

"Gosalyn? She'll be fine on her own. I'll order her some dinner," I said, pulling on my purple dress. "You can turn around now."

"Is she the kid from work?" he asked, turning around.

"Yea. Her grandfather went missing and she doesn't have anywhere else."

"So you're taking her in?" He frowned.

"For now." He shifted. I lowered my voice. "It's not permitted. I'm just going to help her find him."

"Oh," he said, looking concerned.

"I thought you'd be all for me doing some charity," I said.

"Can we talk about it later when she's not in the next room?" he whispered.

"Sure," I hummed.