Chapter 2: The training

Back at the Grove household in a remote village

Gren was reading the giant book his Granddad gave him. The book was very informative in all things magic.

To Gren's surprise, he learns that he may be able to use multiple elements or even all for that matter.

He learned that on paper, the elements are capable of evolving or mutating to an even stronger form of magic. Such a breakthrough was sadly never seen before.

As he was about to continue reading, A voice called out to him.

"Gren is your turn, come on" shouted his dad 

Gren stops reading at started his turn in close quarters combats with his father. Zach is training his children since he knows that the outside world is a dangerous place.

To his surprise, Marie can use Skills that will greatly help her in combat and when she enrols in the knight academy.

It is time for Gren's sparing match with Zach. Zach wants to see if the training he gave Gren helped him improve in combat.

Gren started it off by closing the distance preparing for a punch to the stomach. Zach foresaw this and gets ready to take the punch. Gren punch with a force Zach didn't expect which threw him off balance. Gren was ready to follow up with a kick to his side. Zach blocked the kick using his leg but was knock quite a distance away.

"Hmm time to get a little serious" Zach commented.

Zach suddenly got up into Gren face showing he was going for a punch. Gren saw this and was ready to block but was caught off guard when Zach change his attack to a kick to his legs instead.

Gren manages to avoid the attack but was struggling to keep up with Zach sudden increase in speed. Zach kept the attacking going by going punch after punch. Gren needed to think of something or sooner or later, he will lose.

Gren ducked and attempted to kick Zach's feet. Zach dodged the attack by jumping but was surprised to see a foot in front of his face. Gren manoeuvred like a 'breakdancer' which caught Zach off guard and he was sent flying a few metres away blocking that attack.

Both were trying to catch their breath as they decided to end the match.

"That was a good move, Gren. Out of my years of being an adventurer, I haven't seen anyone done that before," commented Zach.

"It felt natural doing that. I was going to lose sooner or later so I decided to give it a try," replied Gren while still catching his breath.

"Brother, brother that was cool," said Marie running up to Gren.

"Thanks," replied Gren while head petting Marie.

Zach looks at his two children smiling. He suddenly took a dark face.

"Gren, remember the world out there is a dangerous place. Protect your sister while she protects you too. When you go please be safe out there. Your mother and I don't want to lose any of you." said Zach in a dark tone.

"Don't worry dad, I'll protect her from anything. You have my word," Gren replied seriously.

"Good, now go learn your magic. You will need it more than this for now," pointed out Zach.

"Yea I should," Gren said going into the forest with his book to avoid distractions.

A few years later

Gren was in the forest he has been in while training his magic for a few years. At the age of 12, he was already able to cast A-tier level magic called Zeus Judgement which rains down lightning strikes in a wide area.

Gren was already comparable to a B-ranked adventurer in close quarters combat while even reaching A-ranked with a sword. All thanks to his father's tough training he has gotten this far

Gren wanted to try something his granddad mention in his book. Aura. If he channels all of his elemental energy to his surroundings, he would be able to cause lightning to surround him. As he charged up elemental energy in him, The lightning suddenly change to a sudden green tint

He was surrounded by green lightning which covered his body. He was shocked to see his lightning turn green as no such phenomenon has ever happened nor did his granddad said in the book. 

As he releases the energy, everything around him was affected by the lightning. This went on for a while as the lightning dissipates.

His magic ability has greatly improved. By the time he reached the age of 15, He may be as strong as an S-ranked adventurer.

"Umm brother, mom is calling us for lunch," Marie spoke out.

"Ok I'm coming," replied Gren. "Well, all that is left is to train the other elements, but Lightning should be my main element. The rest could be the aces up my sleeve," though Gren as he walks up to Marie.

The day has come...

Gren is seen sitting on the fence at his front yard entrance. Distracting himself by playing with balls of the 7 elements on his hand like marbles. Normal lightning has a teal colour to it. Gren's lightning on the other hand is green and a bright one at that, matching his hair. He is glad that he has his own personal magic. It made him feel... special.

"Brother I am done," said Marie running towards Gren excitedly with their father and mother behind her.

Gren hopped down from the fence and pick up his backpack filled with things to help them survive out in the wild. Marie on the other hand filled her backpack with food.

She learned how to cook from their mother Tanya in preparation for their adventure.

"Be careful out there you two," said Tanya.

"Gren, protect your sister and Marie, make sure your brother doesn't get into trouble," said Zach.

"Of course," both replied.

" Also Gren here's something that you might find useful," said Zach giving Gren a weapon.

"Woah," exclaimed Gren and Marie

"I know I trained both of you in swords but Gren I believe you will find your own way of using it," Zach said.

"Thank you and we will visit you guys again soon," said Gren

"No need just go out there and have fun... Oh and come back with a bride while you are at it, Gren," Tanya said with a smile.

"Hehe, no promises," as Gren scratches his head while Marie stares at Gren.

"What?" Gren notices the stare.

"Nothing," as Marie pouts.

Just like that, they are off to the capital to study. They will take about 3 days to reach the capital on foot. Little did they know that the world is a cruel place to be in.