Chapter 13: New Purpose & Threat

In the eyes of one of the slaves who Gren just bought.

"Thanks for the purchase young man. Take care of those two alright?" said the shopkeeper.

"Of course," said the young man.

The young man was as tall as the older sibling while the younger one was at his shoulder height. They exited the building and headed to what they assumed was his home. He stopped at a food stall and bought 10 meat skewers.

"Here, share between the two of you. You two must be hungry," he said as he gave the skewers to the two.

The two was hesitant to eat the skewers. Gren noticed that the two had not eaten the skewer yet.

"You know you can eat those right?" Gren asked.

"Are you sure?" the older sibling asked for confirmation.

"Yes I'm sure," he said with a smile.

The older sibling gave one to the younger one and one for herself. As they took a bite, their expression turned from distrust to delight. Their expressions put a smile on Gren's face. He was glad that he could make them smile.

After a long walk, they finally reached the house. As they entered, they notice how small the place is. Big enough to house two people. A living room, 2 bedrooms, a kitchen with a bathroom in it.

"You two should clean yourself up. I'll get you two a fresh pair of clothes," Gren said to the two.

They are still uncertain of what to do since they never experience how to be a slave let alone act like one. Gren noticed it and just ordered them to take a shower.

"You two take a shower, now," Gren ordered them.

They two went towards the bathroom and showered. Gren was getting some clean clothes for the two to wear. He doesn't have any undergarments for the two to wear but at the very least he has extra t-shirts and shorts for the two.

He went outside the bathroom hearing running water and the ragged clothes the two wore outside the door. He even saw the undergarments he assumed the two were wearing recently. He noticed it due to the condition they were in. The same condition as the ragged clothing they were wearing.

"I'm leaving fresh clothes outside the door for the two of you," Gren placed the clothing outside.

Gren went to the living room and waited for the two.

Meanwhile, in the bathroom with the two siblings

"Onee-chan... why is he treating us so nicely?" the young one asked.

"I have no idea. I imagine us being treated like slaves... but he is so kind to us," the older one replied.

"Can we trust him?"

"I'm not sure. What I do know is that we still need to treat him like our master."

"What do you think would happen if we don't?"

"He may punish us or even worse, abandon us. Let's hope this kindness of his is not an act."

The two quickly finish the shower to not let their master wait for too long. After wearing the clothing he gave them, they went to the living room where he was waiting for the two.

"Oh, are you two done?" Gren asked.

The two nodded.

"Well let's start with introductions. My name is Gren, Gren Grove. How about the two of you?" Gren started the conversation.

"My name is Zoey. This is my younger sister, Vanessa." Zoey replied.

"Nice to meet the both of you."

"Ano... Why did you pick the both of us?" Vanessa said hiding behind Zoey.