Chapter 9: The Competition

The Castle's Arena

The day of the competition came as it is being hosted at the royal castle's arena. People from all over the kingdom will watch it live.

A total of 64 students will be participating in the competition, Gren and Lina being one of them

As the crowd were getting to their seats, the students were hyping themselves up for the battles.

The gates to the arena opened showing that its time for the students to make an appearance.

The students came out and walking towards the centre of the arena while taking in the cheers of the crowd.

Most of the crowd brought their attention to the green hair student and not minding his surroundings.

The king himself notices the unusual individual.

"I can see what you meant by unusual," Richard said to Zac.

"Yes. I do hope he will go for out dear Lina," Said Julie.

"Well, that's up to him to decide. Now time to see what he can do," said Zac.

As the students reached the centre of the arena, the king was getting ready to say his opening speech.

"My citizens of Jorasia, I king Richard would like to thank you all for coming to the most anticipated event of our kingdom. Our students from the magic academy will compete with each other for a prize that would be unveiled at the end. For now, please enjoy the as the first battle will commence shortly. Thank you all," the king ended his speech.

The crowd went wild while the student is hyping themselves up to show everyone their skills. Another voice spoke out.

"Lady and gentlemen, the first match will be between Ben Wental and Gren Grove," he said. "The other students please wait in the preparation room for your match," he added.

The other students leave the arena leaving a brown-short hair guy and a green-short haired guy.

Both stared at each other. They proceeded to walk to their starting positions and took their fighting stance.

"3... 2... 1... FIGHT," the announcer said.

"Earth Blast"

"Swift"

A boulder flew towards Gren as 4 wind magic circles appeared on his hands and feet. He dodges to the right as the wind came out of the magic circle from his left foot.

The crowd was stunned by the use of magic. Gren closed the gap between him and Ben.

"Earthquake" 

Ben tossed a boulder to the ground shaking the ground. Gren used his legs to push himself over the shockwave on the ground.

He used his arms to rotate himself as he aims for his next attack.

"Wind Blast"

The windblast beelined for Ben.

"Earth Wall"

An earth magic circle appeared in front of Ben as it summoned an earth wall blocking the wind attack. He unsummoned the earth wall to find that Gren was nowhere to be found.

He looked everywhere for him. Finally, he looked up to find Gren diving towards him.

"Hurricane"

By making Ben look up, Gren distracted him while a wind magic circle appeared below Ben and shot him up towards the diving Gren.

"Wind Blast"

Gren took his final attack towards Ben. The attack connected and sent Ben to the ground rendering him unable to continue the fight. Gren landed safely to the ground.