Chapter 8: The Calm Before the Storm

Months have passed since the incident when Lina was kidnapped by assassins. Time since then has not changed much.

Lina grew closer to Gren since then. Being her saviour, she shared a deep connection with him.

No one in the kingdom knew about the incident except Gren, Lina and one of the assassins, Harry. Well, not for long anyway.

The competition was just around the corner as students were given time to practice instead of going to classes. The arenas were given to the students given they stick to their classes.

At the arena, Lina was busy practising and refining her attacks. They have gotten stronger, refine and elegant.

Gren was also practising wind magic as he kept training attacks he will be using the most. Mainly wind blast, hurricane and even gale force. He practised swift secretly as it will be the ace up his sleeve.

"Hey Gren," Lina called out. "I'm gonna go first. I have something to do. See ya tomorrow," she added.

"Okay, see you tomorrow," Gren replied.

Lina went out of the arena leaving Gren alone... Well, that's what he believes.

"Fire Blast"

A fire flew towards Gren catching him by surprise. It sent him metres away. Gren was staring at the caster dead in the eye. It was Gabriel.

"Whats you're problem?" Gren asked.

"Sorry, I was practising and accidentally hit you," Gabriel said.

They both stared at each other waiting for someone to make the first move.

"Fire Pillar"

Pillars of fire grew closer to Gren. 

"Hurricane"

A vortex carried Gren over the pillar as he land and fired a wind blast towards Gabriel. Gabriel countered by firing his fire blast. 

As both magic clashed, an explosion and shockwave filled the entire arena. A blast as powerful as a 500-kilogram bomb.

As the smoke disappears, both combatants were unfazed by the explosion. The entire school have been alerted by their battle that won't stop anytime soon.

Both went all out as both fire and wind magic circles engulf the arena.

"Fire Rain"

"Gale Force"

Fire rain from above as a typhoon swirled around the arena. The two magic clashed causing more explosions.

Both walked slowly towards each other. When they are within melee distance...

"Fire Fist"

"Wind Welt"

As both combatants strike each other and clashed at their fists, energy was been generated between the two. It got unstable as it exploded sending the two to the arena walls.

Both crashed into the arena walls. Both not being able to continue the fight.

As the match came to a close, students and teachers came running into the arena. Seeing both fighters badly injured.

"GREN!!!" Lina exclaimed.

Lina came running towards Gren as he saw how injured Gren was. Bruises and cuts around his body with a trail of blood flowing from his mouth.

Gabriel did not get affected much as he was able to stand again. He stared at Gren as he looked victorious.

"You see princess," Gabriel said catching everyone's attention.