Chapter 11: The Lost Princess

In a random part of the forest

A little girl can be seen sleeping under a tree. The sun was about to set beyond the horizon. The smell of food slowly floats toward the girl. She woke up after having a whiff of the smell. She opened her tired eyes to see that she was laying on a mat with a blanket.

She sat up to look at her surroundings. She was met by a man cooking food by a campfire. She got startled when the man noticed her. He sighs in relief seeing that the girl was fine. He scoped a bowl of soup from the pot and walked towards her.

The girl was still wary of the man as he got closer. He bends down and tried to give her the bowl of soup.

"Eat up while it's still hot," the man said.

The girl was hesitant at first but took the soup anyways. She cautiously takes the first sip. Her eyes lighted up while savouring the taste of the soup.

Gren took a bowl of soup for himself and sat right next to the girl. They both enjoyed Gren's cooking since this was his first time making something that isn't just bread and meat.

Both of them finished their bowl.

"T-T-Thank y-you," the girl shyly thanked Gren.

"Your welcome," he replied.

Gren took her bowl and clean up the area to sleep for the night.

"Anoo, what is your n-name?" the little girl asked Gren.

"My name is Gren. What's your's?" said Gren.

"My name..? My name is L-Lilith," she replied.

"Lilith? That's a cute name," said Gren.

Lilith looked away all flustered. Gren laughed at the reaction.

"Lilith, can I ask you a question?" Lilith nodded. "Do you have a family to go back to?" Gren asked.

Lilith was shocked at the question. She looked away for a moment. She resumed eye contact to answer the question.

"I-I-I do but they are very far away," she replied.

"How far away is it?" Gren asked again.

"They are in the Erisida Empire," she answered.

"Erisida Empire? Well, fortunately for you, I was heading there before rescuing you. I'll take you there," said Gren.

"Really?! T-Thank you," she smiled.

A smile that could melt anyone's heart but for Gren, it was one that reminded him of Marie when she was little.

"Ano, I am part of the royal family," said Lilith.

Gren froze for a moment.

"Are you saying you are their lost princess?" Gren asked

"Hai, I am."

Gren took a moment to get back to his senses.

"I'll make it my duty that you make it home safe, okay?"

"T-Thank you."

"You should sleep. We are going to have quite a journey," said Gren.

"How about you? Are you not going to sleep?" Lilith asked.

"Don't worry about me. I will sleep as well but maybe later. I'm not that tired yet."

"Okay... Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

Lilith went to the mat, covered herself with a blanket and slowly fell asleep.

Gren on the other hand was keeping watch of his surroundings.