Chapter 6: First Day

Back at the male dorms

Gren just got back from his run and went back to his dorm. When he entered the room, the sun was rising from the horizon and breaching the window of his dorm room.

Gren saw that Zac was still not up yet. So he took the opportunity to take a shower first.

When Gren was busy taking a shower, Zac finally wore up. Still looking like he did not have enough sleep.

The sound of the bathroom door caught Zac's attention as Gren got out of the bathroom.

"You're finally awake," Gren said

"Well, you're an early riser *yawns*," as Zac got up from his bed.

"Well I'm gonna go get ready and head to class," Gren said.

"Yeah sure, see you later," Zac replied as he waves at Gren.

At the Academy classes

Gren entered his designated classroom, Class A. He didn't expect to be here but nothing will come by whining about the past.

The class had already some students in it talking to each other. Everyone stared at Gren when he entered. Due to the fact they have not seen anyone who had green hair before.

The classroom table was set in pairs with 3 columns and 3 rows. Meaning there was a total of 18 students in class A.

He sat at the window on the second row and waited for class to start. He heard the class get louder as he notices the person at the door. It was Lina.

Everyone surrounded her as she came into the classroom, from the boys to the girls, they wanted her attention. I mean them being high classes students, they would like to be friends with the princess of the kingdom who could be a valuable asset to them.

Gren on the other hand was just minding his own business and looking out the window. Not looking at the commotion.

As things start to settle down, the teacher came into the classroom. Everyone went to their seats while reserving the seat next to them for the princess herself. The princess decided to seat near the window, even so right next to Gren. 

"Good morning," Lina said.

"Morning," Gren replied still looking out the window.

The class went uncomfortably quiet. The class was shooting death stares at Gren while he paid no mind to it. The teacher decided to start the class before things get out of hand.

The class schedule was pretty straightforward. Theory lessons in the morning and Practical lessons after lunch.

The lesson was helpful... to the other student at least. All of the stuff learned during the lesson was things Gren already learnt from his granddad's book. So instead of acting like he was listening, he either looked outside the window while daydreaming or sleep on his table.

Lina who was right beside him saw this and it made her uneasy how carefree Gren was. Not knowing that he is already a grandmaster at magic for all the seven elements.

Seeing this attitude from him, the entire class kept shooting death stares at him while Gren did not feel a thing and continued to sleep.

Lunchtime has arrived as Gren woke up from the commotion happening around him. More accurately, around Lina.

"Princess you should join us for lunch."

"No, you should join us instead."

The class were asking her to join them for lunch so they could be closer to her. Lina on the other hand was uncomfortable since she doesn't want to say no to them but would rather not have to be forced.