Chapter 12: Recovery

Castle Infirmary

Gren slowly opens his eyes. With a groan, sat up from his bed. He looked out the window to see that the sun was starting to rise. It seems it's the next day or even a few days after the battle. Who knows. Gren looked at his body to find it is covered in bandages. From the amount of damage he took, he was lucky to be even alive right now.

Gren looked around the room. It looks like he is in an infirmary. He looked towards the window again to find a couch and two figures sleeping on it. It was Lilith and the girl he fought, Kaira, the person who seemed to be able to manipulate Ice. Similar to how Gren could manipulate Lightning, without a magic circle. It seems there is more to magic in this world than Gren first thought.

Lilith slowly began opening her eyes. She rubbed her eyes while yawning. She looked towards Gren and stared at him for a while.

"GREN!?!" she ran towards him, hugged him and started to cry.

"Ow, ow, it still hurts Lilith," Gren push her off him softly.

"I thought... *sniffles* you were gone... *sniffles*" she tried to stop crying.

"Well, I'm fine now, no need to be sad okay?" Gren wiped her tears away.

As the moment was going on, someone else on the couch was starting to wake up.

"Well good morning princess," said Gren.

Kaira looked away immediately.

"I'll call dad and the doctor here," said Lilith as she runs out the door.

Silent encompasses the room for a minute.

"I'm sorry"

Gren looked towards the voice who was staring out the window sitting on the couch.

"There is no need to apologize now," said Gren.

"If it weren't for you, Lilith would be dead. I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions that quick," said Kaira.

"I understand you did what was needed for your own family, even though you hastily jumped to it," said Gren.

"Still... Thank you,"

"You're welcome. For the first time, I met someone like me."

"Like you?" Kaira turned to face Gren.

"Being able to manipulate elements without magic circles. Let alone one that was out of the basic elements," Gren controlled lightning on his hands.

"You're right but I can't control mine as much as you can. That's why you won the battle..." Kaira tried to create a snowball but failed.

"You'll get there. All you need is time and some motivation."

"What was your motivation if you don't mind me asking."

"Mine...? I guess it would be my family. Being able to defend them. I rather let my own hand get dirty than theirs."

Lilith, king Cristian and a doctor entered the room.

"It seems you are alive and well," said Cristian.

"Apart from the aching and pain you can say that," replied Gren.

"It's a wonder that you are still alive. From what I have seen so far, it seems your magic helps in both increasing your survivability and rate of healing," said the doctor.

"So how long do you think I would be fully healed?" Gren asked the doctor.

"It's a rough estimation but between a week or two," said the doctor. "Under normal circumstances, it would have taken weeks to months or even just death," the doctor added.