[ lonely ]

—"THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!" You exclaimed, frustrated because of the problem that is Math

—"THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!" You exclaimed, frustrated because of the problem that is Math. "I'm telling you, that's what Norman taught me! And Norman is our year's top student!" Emma announced, desperate to finish this study session.

"W-well, maybe you understood it wrong!" You yell, flailing your hands around. "Hah?! Are you calling me dumb?"

"No! Of course not! We both know your grades are miles away from mine!" You screech, suddenly banging your head on the table. "W-woah! Hey, are you alright?" Emma asks, concerned for your well being.

You let out sigh of defeat, knowing that you basically already failed the stupid Math test. "Emma? Is that you?" You hear the unsettling voice of Emma's albino friend.

You lift your head, seeing Norman giving a wave to Emma. "What are you—" Before finishing his sentence, he spots you sitting next to Emma; "Oh." He finishes, seemingly disappointed.

Just as you thought, your anxiety started bubbling inside of you. "Hey (Y/N)!" He responds anyways, giving you his usual smile. "Studying for the upcoming exam?"

"Yup! I was just helping (Y/N) with—" Emma begins to explain, "Haha, no, we were just about done, you can take her now!" You reply awkwardly, closing textbooks, and cleaning up the table you were working on. "Huh? But we were just—" Emma says, about to protest, "Thanks for all the help Emma, I'll take it from here!" You swiftly reply, making sure to fix all your things.

"Alright then, good luck on studying." Norman replies calmly, giving you a light smile. You fumble around with your things, giving a wave goodbye to the pair.

You always felt sort of uncomfortable around Norman; like you didn't belong. For the entirety of your school life, you were always pretty foolish.

You'd always been so ridiculously dense, to the point where people thought you were just blatantly ignoring them. Because of this, people began taking advantage of you, using you to run errands for them, and even manipulating you. The worst part was, you didn't even realize it. You always believed that you were friends with everyone, and that nobody had a real problem with you.

That ignorant fantasy shattered after one fateful day. You ended up in such a spiral of sorrow, you felt like you were gonna suffocate. Fortunately, as cliché as it sounds, Ray and Emma were there to save you.

Norman wasn't around at that time, so you've always felt sort of distant towards him. It felt like you were stealing his friends; and overall, you just felt like you shouldn't hog them too much. You felt even more guilty when you knew Norman was a good person, you were just too scared to interact with him much.