[ performance ]

-YOU LET OUT A TIRED YAWN, rubbing your tired eyes from the lack of sleep

-YOU LET OUT A TIRED YAWN, rubbing your tired eyes from the lack of sleep. You weren't someone who was often sleep deprived, I mean, sure you'd sleep usually at around quarter to one, but your body's grown to be so used to it; it wasn't a big deal anymore. However, this was different. Waking up every two to three hours, struggling to sleep, somehow feeling anxious for bed, and then ultimately drifting off to the land of slumber after questioning half of your existence for an hour or two.

You were physically sleepy, but you were everything but tired emotionally. Sure, if someone looked at you they'd definitely think something was wrong with your sleep schedule, but the truth was, you were excited. Today was the twenty-seventh of March, the beginning of the year-end festival, which also marked your first show night.

The play was a bit of a spin-off of Rapunzel and Robin Hood, so it generally went like this. The girl who's been in confinement is able to get out with the help of a few people, until he meets her 'prince' that helps her learn all about the outside world. Unfortunately, the prince gets drafted for the 'military' and must leave the girl for a couple years, resulting in a melancholy farewell scene for the couple. The 'prince' is assumed to be dead, but thanks to his thick plot armor, is able to live. He comes back to his dearly beloved, only to find her married off to another man. With this, the plot of Robin Hood takes over completely, as the 'prince' goes full vigilante and begins stealing gold, only to give it to the poor later on. Eventually, this and that happen and it all segways to the final act, the kiss scene between the main couple, and the ever yearned for happy ending these traumatized highschool seniors probably needed.

Sure, it sounded cliché, but it was a cheesy romantic comedy, with a hint of action and angst peppered in that most of the theater kids took part in writing, and it was easy to get a good laugh out of it, or maybe even a quiet sob, if you were emotional enough. To your delight, you were given the pleasure of playing 'Rapunzel' and you were going to give it your all.

You checked your watch to find that it was five minutes before your call time, and you peered up at the three geniuses next to you. "You've got this, (Y/N)!" Emma cheered, giving you a thumbs up. Norman pat your head and flashed you a reassuring smile. "Ray will be filming everything for memories. Please do your best, and enjoy yourself!" He exclaimed, grinning softly once again. Your lips curl up into a smile, as you look up at the tall ravenette to see if he had any words of encouragement.

The boy simply stared at you knowingly, before bawling his hands into a fist and bonking your head slightly. "Don't mess up." He says bluntly as his two friends go on ahead of him. You give him a nervous smile as he sighs. The boy pulls something out of his pocket, before softly smacking it on your head. You raise a brow in confusion as he leaves you there wordlessly. Suddenly, a small chocolate bar drops from your head and onto your palms, making you smile at the kind gesture.

"(Y/N)-senpai, we need you to get ready, we'll be on in forty minutes." Gilda, who was playing one of the friends that let you out of confinement, called out, gesturing for you to come closer. You flash her a bright grin as you skip on over to where she was.