[ appointment ]

-TO SAY HE WAS NERVOUS was an extreme understatement

-TO SAY HE WAS NERVOUS was an extreme understatement. The poor boy was absolutely terrified. He asked himself trivial questions, all ultimately winding down to a panicked 'i don't know!' in the end. Does he smell good? Does he look good? How was his hair? Was it too messy? Completely normal? Overly stiff? The ravenette hadn't the slightest clue. Heck, he didn't even know the likes of him could even think of such idiotic things.

But apparently, all you needed to do was to be (L/N) (Y/N); be dumb, dense, and atrociously adorable at times. God, this was going to be rough. Luckily, he had brought a book just in case you were late, so now his brain was slightly less muddled and more occupied by the world of fiction.

A few minutes blitz by, and he suddenly feels a presence behind him. Think you were being sneaky? He thought to himself as the individual came closer. "Bo- ow!" Before you were able to give the boy a scare, he had smacked you with his book; leaving you scratching your nose. "Hey! What was that for??!" You shrieked as you rub your red nose. The ravenette chuckled in triumph, placing his elbow on the back of his chair and leaning on it. He looked back at you, smirking at your defeated figure.

"Did you really just try that? How childish." He laughed, his demeanor calm and composed in attempt to cover his spiking anxiety. "W-well, you didn't have to smack me with a hardbound book!" You defended as you got up and took a seat across the boy. He scoffed at your measley excuse, rolling his eyes playfully. "It's self defense." The boy rolled his eyes humorously, trying his hardest to seem confident and carefree. You looked at your date with a mixture of skepticism and observation.

Feeling uncomfortable at the thought of being judged, the ravenette cleats his throat; attempting to put a veil on his worries. "Moving on from that, what do you want to eat?" He asked, quickly shifting the topic. "Eat already? It's barely even seven pm yet." You respond, testing his abilities to keep the conversation going in the meantime.

"I thought you liked eating."

"Well yeah! Of course I do, I mean, everyone does!"

"So we should eat."

You frown at his persistence. "We'll eat, just not yet. Do you wanna play Uno?" You challenge, a smirk tugging at the ends of your lips. "Uno?" The boy cocks a brow at your rather obscure request. "Oh no, don't tell me you've never played Uno!!" You dramatize, pretending to faint in the most absurd way. "I know what it is. The card game, right? Its just that, where do you suppose we can find a stack?" He questioned with furrowed brows.

You smirk playfully, rummaging through your bag until you find the familiar set of cards you had brought along just in case. "I am glad you asked!" You declare, placing the box of cards on the table. "You brought your Uno cards on a date?" He deadpanned.

"As a matter of fact, I did." You state proudly. "Now, do you wanna play or not?" You ask again. The boy scoffed at your strange ideas, but ultimately agrees nevertheless.