[ memories ]

—"YES, WELL, YOU'RE RATHER COWARDLY, RAY

—"YES, WELL, YOU'RE RATHER COWARDLY, RAY." The albino boy uncharacteristically mocked, a sheepish grin traced along his features. The ravenette scoffed, sending him a playful smirk. "Right... Last time I checked, you've been crushing over a certain orange haired girl for, what? Ten, eleven years?" The ravenette replied in a teasing tone.

"That's not important, we made a promise, remember? We'd each get our girls on or before graduation." Norman reminded, a soft smile on his face. "Our girls? Darn, you seem very confident." He responds, a teasing smirk tugging at his lips. A slight pink dusts the platinum blonde, the gentle smile still evident. Norman laughs softly, a distant gaze on his features.

"Well, we'll be going to university soon. It's inevitable that we won't be this close too often. Speaking of, have you decided what course to take up?" Norman wondered, looking up at Ray. "Business, obviously. Who else is going to inherit my mother's business?" The ravenette stated nonchalantly. "Hm? Is that what you really want to do?" Norman inquired some more, lifting a brow. "Mhm. Mama said I'd only manage half of the business until Jemima graduates highschool, so it's no big deal." He responded in a monotonous voice.

"That's still a lot, isn't it? Aunt Isabella's business is a world renowned one, after all." The albino urged the topic even further. "I suppose. But if I really wanted to I could buy off a few film companies or whatever I'd prefer to work on and focus a portion of the business on that. It's fine either way." The ravenette responded as the two headed to the field to watch Emma play a few rounds. "Well, what about (Y/N)?" Norman brought up, catching the boy off guard. "Huh? What about (Y/N)?" Ray fires back, stopping in his tracks momentarily.

A soft smirk tugs at the boy's lips, causing him to chuckle. "Well you seem to be so sure about what's next, where does (Y/N) feature?" He wonders. "Or to he more precise, does she feature at all?" The albino provokes, making the ravenette furrow his eyebrows. "O-of course she does!" He stammers, biting his inner cheek.  "Hmm? May I ask, as what, exactly?" He instigates, a knowing smile plastered on his face.

The ravenette frowned as he caught up to his friend's motives, he picks up his pace and dashes to the field, itching to get out of the uncomfortable conversation. "Ah, he ignored me." Norman mumbled, letting out a soft chuckle at his childhood friend.

Norman, having gone a much slower pace than Ray arrived a little later than the said boy and by the time he sat on the bleacher, the game had begun. There were mostly seniors playing against seniors, seeing as though they were graduating in a few months. The school's female soccer team was a fairly elite team, they had made it into the nationals but ultimately met their demise just before the semifinals. Despite the immense talent before them, Ray seemed to be deep in thought, presumably contemplating what Norman has asked him earlier.

"Emma's applying to Tokyo University through a football scholarship, do you think she'll get in?" Norman kick starts a conversation. The ravenette snaps out of his thoughts to look at Emma's professional movements as she scrambled around the field. "Mhm. Not only does she have cosmic skill and talent, she also has enough connections to make a good life in the university." The boy responds, calculating a plausible conclusion. "Anyway, do you think you could help me out?" Norman asks, sitting down on the bleacher next to him.