[ celebration ]

—EIGHTEENTH OF DECEMBER, five twenty-two in the afternoon

—EIGHTEENTH OF DECEMBER, five twenty-two in the afternoon. Otherwise known as your junior, Nat's birthday. Nat was a somewhat borderline narcissistic boy, and today, that boy was turning sixteen.

You were heading to his place to help Gilda and Don set up his birthday party. You were somewhat reluctant to come over with the specific pair, not because you didn't get along with your juniors, but because there was definitely something more to their so-called ‘friendship’. Regardless of what the two said, you always firmly believed that they harbored feelings for each other, and you were sure you weren't the only one.

Nevertheless, you came over to help them out and do your part. Anna was on a date with Nat, keeping him preoccupied. Thoma and Lannion were fixing the water balloons; Phil was organizing the makeshift prizes for the games, and Ray did the cooking. Emma and Norman were also helping Gilda and Don with the party decor. Again, another pair you'd believe to be dating, making you feel all the more single.

"Woah-!" Gilda shrieked, as she almost fell off the ladder, luckily for her, Don had been behind her for the entire time, so he was swiftly able to grasp onto her waist. The girl blushed, a shocked face taking over her features. "H-hey! What are you doing?" She states as she gets down safely. "Saving you from serious injury...?" Don replies unsurely, a light pink dusting his cheeks. They continue their playful argument, only to be scolded by Jemima to get back to work.

Jemima was Ray's younger sister, she usually travelled around with Ray's parents, who were world class celebrities. She had been homeschooled all her life, and that fact probably wouldn't change until she graduated elementary school. She was visiting her grandparents for a bit, and decided to celebrate Nat's birthday before she was back in the skies again.

After a while, you, Emma and Norman decide to go help out Thoma and Lannion with the outside decor, seeing as though they were goofing around a bit too much. "Boys! Get back to work!" You yell out, grabbing their attention. "Hey! We'll be middle schoolers soon!" Thoma declares, with Lannion agreeing with him. You scoff at their playfulness, but try to get work done nonetheless. However, somehow along the way, Emma and Norman joined in the ‘goofing around’ process.

They picked up water guns, used the hose, and generally messed around with each other. You joined in on the fun eventually, however felt eternally left out because of the pairings. Norman and Emma ganged up on Thoma and Lannion, and you definitely didn't wanna get involved. Gosh, I'm so single. You thought to yourself, wondering what you had gotten yourself into. "What are you morons doing?" A voice you knew all too well asked from behind you: Ray.

"Ray~! Be my partner, please! I'm being left out!" You playfully whined, pouting at the ravenette. Ray stares at you in a judging manner before flicking your forehead. "Later. You guys need to clean yourselves up and help with the table." The ravenette replies, pointing at their slightly wet clothes.