[ epilogue ]

—YOU PANTED AS YOU staggered across the sidewalk

—YOU PANTED AS YOU staggered across the sidewalk. You were running ten miles per second in an attempt to not be late to an important appointment. Your lungs began burning up as you struggled to breath, eventually having to force yourself to halt your movements. Placing your palms on your semi-bent knees, you coughed and caught your breath.

After a minute or so of taking a breath, you began jogging again to reach your destination. Checking your watch, you felt a little guilty; but once you saw the familiar Kenny Rogers, the feeling of guilt bubbling within you disintegrated, then being replaced by pure excitement.

Slowly opening the door to the cozy scent of chicken and oil simmering on a pan, you find yourself in awe. You breath in the smell of this place, the memories made flooding back to you. You sigh contentedly, smiling ear to ear. Then, your eyes scanned the restaurant, in search of a certain raven haired boy. Unfortunately, you didn't find the man you were looking for; although, you did come fairly close. Stealthily going up to his table, you find him, sleeping? Confused, you tilted your body to inspect him further. After all, it wasn't every day you saw Norman sleeping soundly on a restaurant's table. Smirking devilishly to yourself, you attempt to pull out your phone from your bag until... Smack!

"Ow! What the heck?!" You shrieked, turning around to see the rich boy himself. From your loud screech, Norman jolted upwards, looking as alarmed as ever. "Great! Now you've done it! What a wasted opportunity..." You mumbled. "Should I call security Sir Norman? This strange lady over here seemed to be stalking you." The ravenette acted, saying all his lines with a poker face.

Still in a slight daze, Norman's blue eyes lazily drifted over to your figure. His once gentle blue eyes had grown much more refined since he entered university, and the exhaustion within them was undeniable. The white haired boy was still working hard in med school, and it seemed like the work had not once gotten any easier. In spite of this, his eyes still softened, greeting you merrily as a yawn escaped his lips. "Its been a while, (Y/N)! How have things been?" Norman asked gently, scooting over to his right to make room for you.

You take his offer and sit next to him, telling him about the many things you'd been up to recently. After highschool,  you pretty much had no clue what to do. What you did find was that you quite enjoyed the art of theatre and set design. You found it intriguing, so you settled for an Art major in college. Currently, you make set pieces for certain Kabuki theaters. "...Other than that, I'm alright. What about you? You seem pretty tired, are you still jet lagged?" You worried for the albino boy, he's always looked a little sickly and his exhaustion was not helping him in that regard.

"Ah yes, the flight from Massachusetts to here was quite a pain. So forgive me for falling asleep." He curtly replied, rubbing the sleepiness of his eyes away. To nobody's surprise, Norman ended up going to Harvard. It had been rough for him and Emma at first, but somehow they were able to let the storm pass through. You continued chatting for a while, before an audible gasp was heard from behind you.