[ amuse ]

—YOU WERE HANGING out with the 'genius trio'

YOU WERE HANGING out with the 'genius trio'. Norman, Ray, and Emma: your year's smartest students. Having represented the school countless of times, going on certain trips overseas to attend competitions; and many other feats, the three earned the title of 'genius trio'.

In contrast to you, who had twelve missing assignments on the regular. But today, you aren't here to study. You saw the trio on their way to some diner, and Emma, being the good friend she was, decided to invite you.

Not having it in you to refuse, you ended up tagging along. You still weren't on perfect terms with Norman, however you were willing to give it another go. So here you were, sitting next to Emma, while Norman and Ray sat across from you.

"So, I was thinking, we should go somewhere this weekend!" Emma brought up after some time. "Go somewhere? Where would you like to go?" Norman asked, a gentle smile adorning his features.

"Well, there's an amusement park in the next town! We should definitely go." The girl suggested with a cheerful look on her face. "Amusement park? As in, with people?" Ray replies, his face one of disgust. "Oh come on, Ray!" Norman says, nudging the ravenette's shoulder.

Their playful argument go back and forth, and you can't help but feel a little bit awkward. You weren't sure whether or not you were actually invited, and you didn't have the guts to ask. "You should come, besides,
(Y/N) will be there too!" Norman announces, glancing over to you to check if it was alright to assume.

You freeze, feeling like you've been put on the spot. On the one hand, you were ecstatic, you'd been included, and you felt great about it; however, you were so surprised that you couldn't form words. "Unless, you're busy?" Emma asks, unsure of why you suddenly froze.

"N-no, I'll come!" You reply, giving them a stupid grin. "Hear that, Ray? Now you have to come!" Emma yells, alarming the rest of the diner. "I don't see the logic in that." Ray retorts, still unwilling to go. "Well, now you have the slightest urge to go." Norman responds, giving him a warm smile.

Seeing as though the two wouldn't give up, Ray lets out an annoyed groan, reluctantly giving in to their plans. The two make a sound of victory, disrupting the peace of the other customers. They all let out collective laughs, and you laugh with them. "Jeez, is it always this chaotic around here?" You question, unsure of how these three were the 'role models' of the batch.

"Yes, so I suggest you get used to it, after all, you are apart of the group now." Norman smiles, seemingly welcoming you to the group. You were so happy that you abruptly burst out laughing, confusing the three. Nevertheless, they join you and proceed to laugh hysterically; making some people turn to judge.