Chapter 3

Karna along with everyone else was confused and surprised by Arjun, Yudhisthir and Rajmata Kunti's presence. Kunti came to him hurriedly looking scared. Subhadra also came to stand beside him.

"Putra, are you okay?" Kunti asked Karna holding him from his shoulders and checked for any possible injuries. Karna nodded to assure her he was okay. He also blinked at Subhadra in assurance.

Yudhisthir came behind Kunti too looking worried. Arjun on the other hand went to Duryodhan and stood face to face.

"Aaj yeh dussahas kar liya. Parantu dubara mat kijiyega. (You dared to do this today. But don't make this mistake again.)" Arjun said with evident anger in face and voice. Duryodhan stared at him angrily for a while and then started laughing again.

"Mamashree, look who has come to save this Soota. The Gandhivdhari Arjun! Really? You've bonded with this Arjun so much that he stands before me to protect you?" Duryodhan said looking at Karna.
"The two archers who were behind each others head, is protecting each other against me? What lies have you fed him to make him your servant Soota?" Duryodhan asked him again. Karna only looked at him not replying.
"So? You, Arjun want to protect him? Why? What favour has he done to you that you're repaying?" Duryodhan asked Arjun in mocking.

"Sarbapratham, jinke bisay mein aap baat kar rahe he, unhe kisiki sangrakshan ka prayojan nehi. Yoh swayam apni raksha karne ka samarth rakhte hai. Aur dusri baat, yedhi prayojon huya, toh kebal mai nehi, hum pacho Pandav inke sangrakshan hetu inka kavach banke khare ho jayenge.
(First of all, the one you're talking about, doesn't need anyone's protection. He himself is very much capable of doing so. And if need be, then not only me, but you will find all five Pandavs standing as his armour.)" Arjun replied ferociously confusing everyone around. Gandharraj Shakuni had closed his one eye watching Arjun's protective side coming out for his enemy. That was not sitting well with him.

"Kya baat hai Arjun? Akasmat hi tum pacho bhaiyo ko iss Sootputra per itni daya kyu aa rahi hai?
(What happened Arjun? Why suddenly you five brothers are feeling so much mercy towards this Sootputra?)" Duryodhan asked again smiling scornfully

"Yeh daya nehi, bhaiyo ka apne sabse jyesth bhrata ke liye prem aur samarpan hai, putra Duryodhan.
(This is not mercy, but love and devotion towards their eldest brother, son Duryodhan.)" This time it was Kunti who answered him in a firm voice. Duryodhan looked at her in confusion, mirroring others.

"What do you mean Rajmata?" Shakuni asked.

"Yahi, ki Karna - (That Karna is -)

mera putra hai. (My son.)

Arjun aur mere annya putro ka bhai hai. (He is Arjun and my other sons brother.)

Mera Jyesth Putra hai Karna. (Karna is my son.)"

Kunti said in a firm and unyielding voice. Her emotions made her eyes watered, but she stood still revealing the truth that she buried years ago.

In Indraprasth :

Drisana sighed as she sat with Devika and Draupadi silently. Devika was sewing a shawl where Draupadi and Drisana were making flower garlands for evening prayer.

"How the environment changed so suddenly!" Draupadi said breaking the silence.

"Yes. Everyone was so happy. But now, we can't see anyones faces." Devika said sighing.

"Yes. Bhrata Bheem remains on the arena to get out his anger and frustration only. Sahdev drowned himself in royal matters trying to ignore everything. And Nakul - " Devika didn't complete as her eyes fell on Drisana. But Drisana knew already. Nakul had been spending most of his times in the stables when he wasn't working with Sahdev and helping Bheem in managing his anger, shutting down his own emotions. Arjun could help him but he wasn't here and the other person who could help wasn't allowed to do so.