Chapter 59

Sahdev gulped as he sat surrounded by his three brothers.

After the welcoming at the entrance Devika had escorted Vijaya to the guest chamber. And Sahdev explained everything to Bheem and Nakul who were towering over him. After hearing everything, they eased on him taking time to think. Bheem was hell angry as he got to know about the assault on Vijaya. He asked Sahdev who it was only to be met with silence. Nakul sensed something was wrong and stopped Bheem from questioning him further.

This had shaken the whole family. They were not aware of what happened in Madra. And now Vijaya came as a big shock to them. What happened to her was very unfortunate. But it was hard to accept that she put a garland around Sahdev's neck in naivety. And most shocking was what Sahdev did. Their little intelligent patient brother could abduct a Princess that too from right under Yudhisthir's nose, was unbelievable. For now Vijaya was staying as a guest in Indraprasth. They were waiting for Yudhisthir's arrival. Devika was looking after her. And rest had yet to meet her.

Now, after eight long days Yudhisthir had returned. Currently Sahdev sat facing him and Nakul & Bheem were frowning at him from both sides. Yudhisthir sat only with a blank expression without saying anything.

"So this was what you decided? To abduct the Rajkumari right from the royal court of Madra?" Yudhisthir asked finally.

"I wouldn't have to do so if Maharaj Dyutimata agreed for the alliance. And the way he was, I thought it useless to waste time in talking." Sahdev replied sulking.

"And that's why you kidnapped a kid?!" Bheem asked narrowing his eyes.

"She's not a kid bhrata Bheem. She's just a little ignorant." Sahdev replied in annoyance.

"Really? And so, you abducted her taking advantage of that!?" Nakul added frowning too.

"Tum toh rehne hi do Nakul. Vivha se purb tumne kya kya kand kiya hai smaran karwayu?
(You let it be Nakul. What you did before your marriage, do I need to remind?)" Sahdev said narrowing his eyes at his twin. Nakul diverted his eyes in embarrassment.

"Aur bhrata Bheem aap! Iss aayu mei bhi aap laddoo curate huye aabodh balak hi lagte hai mujhe. Kintu dekhiye, aap swayam ek balak ke Pita banne wale hai.
(And you bhrata Bheem! Even at this age when you steal laddoos, you also appear to be a small boy to me. But see you, yourself is going to be the father of a small boy soon.)" Sahdev added making Bheem embarrassed too.

"Kitne besharaam ho gaye ho tum Sahdev! Jyesth bhrata hai hum tumhare. Kuch toh lajja karo!
(How shameless you have become Sahdev! We're your elder brothers. Have some shame!)" Nakul said coming out of his embarrassed state. Sahdev gave Nakul a look that said,

'Seriously!'

"Yeh sab Arjun ke sangat ka aasar hai. Yoh toh cala gaya banbas par. Uski kaami yeh puri kar raha hai.
(It's all Arjun's influence. He went to exile. But he is filling his shoes.)" Bheem commented with a displeased look.

"Thik hai. Aab hum dono maun rahenge. Aab tumse jo kuch kehna hai, bhrata Yudhisthir hi kahenge.
(Okay. Now we both will remain quiet. Now only bhrata Yudhisthir will talk to him.)" Nakul said.

Yudhisthir glanced at his brothers to find Nakul and Bheem looking at him expectantly and Sahdev was staring at him with arched brows. Waiting to hear what he had to say. Unknown to the rest two, just like them Yudhisthir also wasn't eligible for scolding him. Yudhisthir cleared his throat before saying,

"Let's prepare for his marriage."

Bheem and Nakul's jaw dropped open hearing him.

"You're not going to say anything to him bhrata?!" Bheem asked in surprise.