Chapter 66

A new morning had begun. The residents of Indraprasth were having different thoughts and feelings after the previous day's events. Almost all the guests had left. Karna left too as he didn't want to leave Subhadra alone for much long at this condition.

The discussion that Yudhisthir had with his family regarding Vijaya didn't please anyone. Even though no one wanted to meddle in between the two, they also didn't like the way Sahdev handled it. It was decided that this topic wouldn't be brought forth again. It concerned Sahdev and Vijaya's life. They were the ones who would have to support and live with each other. So, meddling in between wouldn't do any good if they didn't want to do it willingly.

The breakfast was a silent affair this morning. Everyone went back to their separate regular routines after that.

Arjun entered the family room where all the kids were gathered with their mothers. Valandhara held Shrutakarma whereas Draupadi had Mridvika in her arms. Shrutakarma's eyes were fixed on the girl that his mother held instead of him while he sported a cute pout. Devika sat with Yaudheya in her lap who was playing with his mother's bangles. And Drisana was trying to manage a fidgeting Nayanika.

"Why are you standing at the doorway only?" Nakul asked from behind grabbing Arjun's attention.

"I came to meet with the kids. And you?" Arjun replied.

"I was missing my princess." Nakul answered.

"Which one?" Arjun asked playfully.

"Very funny." Nakul commented giving him a bored expression. Before Arjun could say anything else, Nayanika gave a loud cry and Nakul was instantly gone. Drisana looked relieved as Nakul came at her rescue and took Nayanika from her. The little one immediately stopped crying feeling her father's warm embrace.

"I'm so tired. She keeps fussing all the time when you're not around." Drisana complained with a whine.

"Maybe because you keep scaring her instead of cooing." Arjun commented.

"I do not!" Drisana denied strongly.

"What is happening here?" Bheem asked coming inside with Yudhisthir.

"What are you doing here?" Valandhara asked narrowing her eyes.

"I'm just accompanying bhrata Yudhisthir. Why? Can't I come here to meet my nephews?" Bheem asked instead.

Valandhara didn't reply. It wasn't usual that all of them turned up together at this hour to meet their children. But to shake off the previous day's events, they wanted to spend sometime with their family.

"Nirmay? I want to visit Mahadev's temple today. But it'll take a long time to go and come back after veneration. Also the donations will take time too. Will you watch Nayanika today? She's being so fussy." Drisana requested.

"Of course, Hridi. You go without a worry. I'll take care of her." Nakul replied with an affectionate smile making her happy.

Yudhisthir heard them and thinking something said, "Davika? Why don't you accompany Drisana? I will watch over Yaudheya."

Devika smiled at him sweetly and nodded in affirmative. Here, Draupadi was giving a side glance to Arjun who had taken Shrutakarma in his arms. Arjun noticed her glance and was alarmed. But before he could think of a way to escape Draupadi spoke.

"Arya, I am going too. You spend sometime with your son."

Arjun's face fell and Bheem was smirking looking at him as he knew Arjun planned to have a long practice session today. Arjun narrowed his eyes at him before an idea struck him.