Chapter 34

In Indraprasth:

"Who are you? I never saw you around the Palace before." Punkodi asked frowning at the unfamiliar face. She was cleaning the dirty dishes.

"My name is Rasika. I'm new here." The woman said in a small voice.

"Why have you come inside the palace? The guards didn't stop you? And why are you doing this work?" Punkodi asked sharply.

"Punkodi?" Another maid came beside her. "She's the cousin of Shalini. Shalini is sick, so she couldn't come and instead send her to work. Until she comes back, Rasika will work on her place." The other maid explained on behalf of her. Rasika had come inside the palace with them only.

"Okay. But be careful. Do your work properly and do not mess anything. Or else you'll be punished." Punkodi warned and then told the other maid to explain her works properly.

"Punkodi is really strict. You know working inside the Palace and taking care of everything is not easy. Our works come directly into notice of the royal family and so, we have to remain careful. Do not make any mistakes." The other maid warned her again after Punkodi left.

"You do not worry at all. I will not make any mistake." Rasika replied with a sly smile.

In Panchal:

Rajkumari Shikhandini was being prepared by Draupadi. Draupadi was worried and giving instructions to the dasis one after another nonstop. Even the dasis looked worried and nervous running here and there. But Shikhandini? She was sitting there smiling at her sister.

"Do it first!

Oh, God! Your hair is still wet.

Wait! Where are the flowers for Keshapasharachana (hair accessories)?

Have you gotten the jewelleries?

I can't find the haathphool (hand jewelleries) here!"

Draupadi kept saying.

"Draupadi?" Shikhandini called her and as she turned to her, Shikhandini held her hand and made her sit beside her. "Why are you taking so much tension? Look at yourself. You should stay relaxed and happy in this condition. Not run here and there worryingly."

"How can I stay relaxed Jiji? Rajkumar Dridhaksh has already reached on the Mandap. You'll be called soon too. And we haven't even gotten you halfway ready." Draupadi said in dejection with a frown.

"You don't worry about it. You go and take some rest. I will get ready by myself." Shikhandini replied smiling at her.

"But --"

"No but. I said I will get ready. You go." Shikhandini said and sent her away.

"Draupadi Jiji? You're here. I was only coming to you." Drisana said finding Draupadi in front of Shikhandini's chamber.

"What happened? Why are you looking worried? And why are you standing here?" Drisana asked.

"See Drisana. Jiji has thrown me out of her chamber saying she'll get ready by herself." Draupadi replied sulking.

"Jiji, if bhabhishree said she'll get ready by herself, I trust her words. And as for you, did she throw you out or told you to rest?" Drisana asked arching her brows.

"It's the same thing. Why were you searching me?" Draupadi replied stubbornly. Drisana chuckled at her antics.

"I was searching you for the same reason. Come with me." Drisana replied and taking her hand started marching towards the nearby sitting area. She made her sit there and the dasis kept a plate of food before her.