Chapter 43

The above tune is what I listen to while thinking of Yuyutsu. I know it was for Arjun but here it is dedicated to Yuyutsu...😊

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

"Bhrata Yuyutsu!!!!!" Arjun shouted and ran towards the riverbank as he saw Chitrangada releasing the arrow aiming at Yuyutsu's head.

But just at the right time before the arrow could pierce his head, Yuyutsu caught the arrow still with his eyes closed. Chitrangada looked pleased as Arjun released the breath that had gotten stuck inside him earlier.

Yuyutsu slowly opened his eyes. His expression never changed from the calm one that he sported while chanting. His eyes locked on Chitrangada as he singlehandedly broke the arrow that he held on his hand and let the broken pieces fall on the water. He then came out of the waters and stood before Chitrangada.

"Mujh par prahar ka karan jan sakta hu? (May I know why you attacked me?)" Yuyutsu asked evenly.

"Baas parikshan kar rahi thi, ki meri jo dharna hai aapke bisay mei woh satik hai yeah nehi. (I was just checking, if my assumption about you is right or not.)" Chitrangada replied.

"Aapke parikshan ke chakkar mei abhi parlok sidhar jate yeh. (In your checking, he would have died right now.)" Arjun said.

"Jab doo youdhha baat kar rahe ho, toh tapaswi o ko bich mei nehi bolna cahiye. (When two warriors are talking, saints shouldn't talk in between.)" Chitrangada said in irritation.

Arjun looked at her being stupefied while Yuyutsu covered his chuckle with a cough. Arjun gave a look to him and then turned to Chitrangada with a fake sweet smile.

"Jaisi aapki eccha devi. (As you wish ma'am.)" Arjun said folding his hands and took two steps back looking elsewhere.

"Toh baatane ka kast karengi, ki aap kis baat ka parikshan kar rahi thi? (So will you take the trouble of telling what testing were you doing?)" Yuyutsu asked again.

"Of course. That day while duelling with you, I got the impression that you're not any ordinary warrior. You're a well-trained highly skilled one. And to confirm that only I took this little test." Chitrangada replied. Even though the arrow would have pierced him, the force behind it was measured to not do any life threatening damage.

"Thank you for the praises, but I still see no point." Yuyutsu said.

"The point is, I want you to train me." Chitrangada replied surprising him and Arjun both.

"You misunderstood. I am not some acharya (teacher) to give you training. There are many Gurukuls and Gurus in Aryavart. I suggest you seek someone knowledgeable for your purpose." Yuyutsu answered smoothly.

"I want you to train me. And you're knowledgeable enough for me." Chitrangada replied stubbornly.

"So much confidence in me? You don't even know who I am." Yuyutsu said with amusement dancing in his eyes.

"But I do know you have skills. Skills that I lack and can learn from you." Chitrangada said again.
"Human's worth is decided by his talents. I do not care for your name or address. For me, you're a highly skilled warrior passing through Manipura who can help me."

"And if I refuse?" Yuyutsu asked crossing his arms over his chest.

Chitrangada smirked slowly before raising her hand and making noise by twisting her fingers. In a few moments, soldiers came out from their hiding spots surrounding them.

"I'm not a fool to think I can take you forcefully all by myself. But trust me, unless I want, you cannot step a single foot outside Manipura." Chitrangada said staring at him.
"Look, you train me and go away in a few weeks after being heavily rewarded. It'll benefit both of us."