Chapter 31

Drisana had finished meditating and worshipping Mahadev. Then she got prepared for the day ahead. She was slightly nervous as Nakul or her brothers hadn't returned yet. She hoped everything had gone accordingly. There was chances for it to go all wrong and not work as planned. And that was the reason for her worries.

The plan was simple. Dridhaksh would call Dhristyadhymn to give him the Yamapasha beside the river at brahma muhurtha. Because that was the time Dridhaksh, Devyajot and Daiwik would together go to take bath there. Dridhaksh would make an excuse and telling them to go ahead, he would go to a nearby place of the river that was just out of their sight.

Nakul would keep an eye on them and just after Dridhaksh handed the Pasha to Dhristyadhymn, he would throw the first shell on the river near Daiwik. With the first shell fallen, the atmosphere would start changing on that particular area. Devyajot and Daiwik would start to come out of the river sensing the change.

But just at that time, the second shell would be thrown beside Daiwik creating the whirlpool. As it would be close to Daiwik, he would get stuck in it. And Nakul would arrive just at that time pulling Devyajot out.

Hearing the sounds, Dridhaksh and Dhristyadhymn would rush to that place. Then Nakul and Dridhaksh would suggest pulling Daiwik out using a rope. If Dhristyadhymn by then had hidden it, Dridhaksh would make sure to bring it on Devyajot's notice.

Just after Devyajot successfully used the Pasha on Daiwik, Nakul would throw the third and final shell in the river and it would end the Maya. And they would pull out Daiwik's lifeless body out of the river and restore his soul to his body.

A lot could go wrong in this plan. That's why Drisana was so anxious and unsure about it from the start. But when the stakes are high, you have to take the risk. Dridhaksh and Nakul had previously taken a tour around the river to fix a suitable place to execute it. As for the shells? Drisana had asked Dridhaksh to go to the Gandharva Kingdom with her message to her Sakhi, Dhamini. And Dhamini sent Murali, her bhahan (vehicle) at Indraprasth with the shells that helped in creating this Maya.

 And Dhamini sent Murali, her bhahan (vehicle) at Indraprasth with the shells that helped in creating this Maya

Drisana had promised Dhristyadhymn to get the Yamapasha for him and hand it to him. And the promise was technically fulfilled. She also promised Nakul, she wouldn't let Dhristyadhymn use it on Guru Drona. And that promise would also be fulfilled as the Pasha couldn't be used anymore. Deceitful it was. But Dhristyadhymns' intentions weren't pure either.

She also knew Dhristyadhymns' anger would finally burst open like a raging volcano. There would be nothing to stop him. He wouldn't stand a chance on a challenge against Dridhaksh. So, he would declare war. Even though a war between Dravida and Panchal wouldn't be a smart choice for him, his bruised ego and flared up anger wouldn't care for anything. Royals! They would rather get their heads chopped than bowing.

And marriage? Dridhaksh and Drisana both knew after this, Maharaj Drupad wouldn't give his daughter's hand to him. That's the primary reason, Drisana tried to get some sense into Shikhandini. So when the time arrived, she would choose Dridhaksh over Dhristyadhymn. Now only time would tell if Shikhandini really heard anything Drisana said or not. As for getting some wisdom on Maharaj Drupad and Dhristyadhymn, that was a tough task. But Drisana had a last stroke remained for that. Hopefully, they would listen to them at least.