Chapter 2

2016

"You know I'm technically not an Avenger!" I yelled pointing at the camera in the corner of the room.

"I don't think they care." Sam spoke up, I just glared at him.

"You know you glare a whole lot."

"You try being alive for 180 years"

"Guys, now's not the time to be arguing about things that aren't going to help our situation." Steve broke up Sam and I's bickering, I didn't bother fighting back so I went back to glaring at the camera.

When they arrested us they brought us to this compound instead of a jail cell. We were thrown in a conference room and I wish Bucky had gotten the same but instead they had him locked in a one-man cell tied down to a chair awaiting a psych evaluation. We were put in the conference room I assume so we could watch what was happening to Bucky but I didn't know, it could've been psychological warfare, I was too old for this shit.

"You wanna see something cool?" We all turned to the voice and saw Tony, this was my first time seeing him in person but he wasn't looking at me, he was looking at Steve who was just staring at him.

"Pulled something from dad's archives" Tony continued and he pulled out a pen case, I rolled my eyes, great he's going to try to appeal to some side of Steve by bringing up the past.

I zoned out of the conversation after that, whatever Tony was going to say I wasn't interested and it wasn't designed to be aimed at me. I focused more on what was happening on the T.V's outside the conference room, they were all pointed at a very restrained Bucky from literally every angle.

I tuned back in when I heard Steve get a little heated.

"Wanda? What about Wanda?" Steve questioned in a more tense manner then the calm voice I was used to.

"She's currently confined to the compound being kept company by Vision." I wanted to speak up but Steve's voice began to raise and I left it to Cap to deal with.

"Ah Tony, every time, every time I think you see things the right way-" Steve began but Tony started speaking over him.

"There's a lap pool and a screening room, there's worse ways to protect people." Tony tried to explain himself.

"Protection? Is that how you see this? Protection? It's interment Tony." Steve was really getting heated trying to defend Wanda but Tony just kept cutting him off and it was starting to piss me off.

"She's not a U.S citizen and they don't grant Visas to weapons of mass destruction!"

"She's a Kid!"

"Give me a break! I'm doing what has to be done, to avoid something worse."

"You keep telling yourself that Tony." The arguing finally died down as Steve put the pen down that Tony had gifted him.

"Wouldn't want to break up the set." I saw this as my opportunity to speak up but not wanting to ignite the argument again I chose my words carefully.

"So you really believe it's this way or the highway huh? You really believe that the only way to protect people is to keep that poor girl locked up? Regardless of where she's locked up she's still locked up."

"Out of everything that was said, the only thing you got from that was Wanda's situation? Why's that Miss. Howlett?" I was surprised he even knew who I was, he must have done his research when I was arrested. I raised my eyebrow at him challengingly.