Chapter 3

2016- Somewhere in Siberia

"This looks older than me." I commented as the quinjet landed in front of the Siberian HYDRA compound.

"It's not." Bucky answered me with a snarky tone, I flipped him off as the quinjet stopped moving.

Nothing was really said between the three of us as the doors to the quinjet lowered, I noticed a look Steve shared with Bucky and the brotherly pat on the back he gave him. Steve then turned to me, he gave me a look like he wanted to say something but the words weren't forming.

"Thank you." Steve managed, I nodded to him.

Nothing else was said after that and we exited the quinjet. The doors to the compound were already opened and I assumed Helmut was already there. I followed Steve and Bucky into the elevator and travelled downwards to the basement level, if this place had a basement, I wasn't familiar with the exact schematics of a HYDRA compound considering I didn't even know they existed.

We exited the elevator and followed Bucky since he was familiar with this place, I didn't even consider the effect this was going to have on him mentally but the fact that he was so willing to jump into the fire said a lot about his character, I respected him. I was mindlessly following at this point not really paying attention until the sound of doors opening caught all of our attention and we turned to the side doors being pried open. On instinct my claws extracted themselves but when the doors opened fully it was Tony in his Iron Man suit.

"You seem a little defensive?" Tony questioned sarcastically, I really wanted to punch him most times.

"It's been a long day" Steve replied, moving closer to him slowly.

"At ease soldier, I'm not currently after you." Tony directed at Bucky and Bucky relaxed a little but not too much.

"Then why are you here?" I questioned the man in the Iron suit but once again he kind of overlooked me.

"Your story isn't so crazy, maybe, Ross has no idea I'm here, I'd like to keep it that way." Steve lowered his shield a little as Tony continued.

"Or else I gotta arrest myself."

"That sounds like a lot of paperwork. It's good to see you Tony." and with that Steve lowered the shield completely.

"You too, but you're killing me, there's a truce over here" Tony gestured to Bucky and I who were still prepared to fight just in case.

Steve raised his hand at us and Bucky lowered his weapon entirely while my claws retracted.

"Don't make me regret that." I commented as I pushed past Tony and we continued our walk to the lab part of the compound.

"I'm picking up heat signatures." Steve said as we walked into the lab, I decided now would be a good time to extract my claws so I did and had my guard up.

"How many?" Tony questioned.

"Just one."

"If it's any comfort, they died in their sleep." The voice spoke over a loudspeaker that echoed around us.

Confused to what he meant we moved over to the chyro chambers that held the now dead Winter Soldiers.

"Did you really think I wanted more of you?" The voice continued, all of them were shot, he spared not a single one.

"What the hell." Bucky said out loud in confusion, he wasn't the only one though, I shared the same thought.

"I'm grateful to them though, they brought you here." The voice who I was sure was Helmut said.