Chapter 6

2023- Eze, France

I opened my eyes and a wave of nausea took over. I ran over to the nearest garbage can which was underneath a sink and unloaded the contents of my stomach inside.

"Julia!" Wanda put her hand on my back and held my hair as I threw up the minimal food I had eaten over the last week.

"Sorry, I should've warned you about the side effects." I stopped vomiting finally and moved over to the sink to wash my mouth.

"Yeah, that would've been helpful." I said after I finished washing my face of vomit.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, now I am, but wait-" I looked around and noticed we were in my house in Eze; she took us here?

"You took us back to Eze?" I questioned with a smile and Wanda nodded.

"Yeah, it's your favourite place."

"and it's also where I fell in love with you." Wanda explained her reasoning and the memories of those 6 months filled my mind.

"It was the best time of my life."

"I'm gonna take that as a compliment since you've been alive for 187 years." Wanda said with a laugh.

I walked around the house turning on some lights and removing the tarps off the furniture. I was excited to be back here. On my last trip to France I didn't go anywhere near Eze for obvious reasons so I stayed at my Nice home. I had this overwhelming need to talk to Wanda about what happened in Grovedale as I sat on the couch and she sat across from me on the coffee table.

"Spill it." Wanda said out of the blue.

"The wheels turning in my head are that obvious huh?" Wanda nodded.

"Wanda, what happened after I died?" I saw her swallow hard and take a deep breath before answering. I knew this was going to be hard for the both of us but it needed to be unpacked.

"Well, Sam carried you away from the battlefield, everyone and I mean everyone kneeled for you. Not a single soul was standing; it was the most beautiful sight, to honour you for the sacrifice you made." Wanda's voice wavered a little as I listened intently.

"After that there was an argument between Carol and Tony for your body. Tony wanted to bury you, S.W.O.R.D wanted your body for what they said was preservation purposes. Carol's best friend, Maria Rambeau was the director of S.W.O.R.D before her death-"

"Monica's mom?" I questioned and Wanda nodded.

"That's why Carol trusted them, after arguing endlessly, Tony conceded, so we gave you a send off at his lake house and buried an empty casket next to Natasha's gravesite. Which is located on the grounds of the new Avengers Compound. It was where you died to be exact." I shut my eyes and remembered Natasha, I remember not fully being able to process her death before things went to shit and I sacrificed my life for everyone. The feeling of guilt was overwhelming.

"After that, Sam, Steve, Tony and I watched a video you left behind for us. We all got angry that you died, Steve swore-"

"Steve, swore?" I asked, shocked and Wanda laughed.

"Yeah, he called you a hero and then he went to return the stones and never came back, well, he did, but he was old, it's complicated, he went back and decided to live his life with Peggy."

"Weird, Steve is old?" Wanda nodded.

"I was upset after the video, I marched into S.W.O.R.D headquarters and demanded your body, Hayward denied me but allowed me to see you. You still looked so much like you but the entire right side of your body was torn up. I cried and then I just left."