Chapter 14

2017- Budapest, Hungary

"Wake up!" I jolted awake to the sound of Sam's voice and eventually his face in my own.

"Too close bird-brain." I said as I sat myself up to look around the room.

I was laying on a couch with a massive headache; what the hell even happened? Wanda was looking at me worried and so was Steve.

"She's fine." Sam commented and I looked to who he was talking to and it was Natasha.

"Nat, what happened?"

"You met my sister." she said with a laugh.

I turned my head to beside the couch I was on and the blonde woman who attacked me was giving me a smirk. I stood up urgently and faced her but Steve put his hand on my shoulder and Natasha stood in front of me.

"It's okay, it was just a misunderstanding, she's not going to attack." Natasha tried to calm me but I was full of rage.

"I don't care, how did she weaken me?!" I asked because it was something I hadn't experienced in a long time.

"You're weakened by vibranium" the woman spoke up pointing to my hand.

I looked down and the wound from the knife hadn't fully healed yet. I was confused until it finally healed over, it was the same thing that happened when T'Challa's claws scratched me, it wasn't this slow of a healing process originally.

"It's never been this slow." I commented lowly hoping no one would really hear me but Wanda and Natasha's eyes filled with worry the second the words left my lips.

"I'm sorry for attacking you even though you broke into our apartment." the woman said again and my anger dissipated; I was more worried about the fact that my body was weakened by the vibranium weapon.

"It's fine, sorry for choking you." I noticed the deep bruise forming on the woman's neck and I felt bad considering she was Natasha's sister.

"Yelena, Julia, Julia, Yelena" Natasha introduced and I nodded.

"Ah you are the famous Julia, I see what you mean." Yelena commented to Natasha and I raised my eyebrow.

"Anyway, what did I miss?" I asked referring to when I passed out.

"Well first things first; I didn't call you." Natasha started.

"I figured that when I barged into the apartment and you were stunned."

"And secondly; I know who it was who contacted you."

"It was obviously Taskmaster, he wanted to distract you, what better way than to mix your past with your present." Yelena said and it made sense.

"She's right; but Nat, if you don't want us here, we can go. It's your discretion." Steve said.

Natasha looked up at me and quickly back to Steve. I could tell she hated the fact that we were here but since we were here we could be helpful. I saw the thought process on Natasha's face and then she looked back at me again.

"I only need Julia." Natasha said; well i didn't expect that.

I looked over at Wanda and her face was calm, no trace of emotion was etched into it which kind of worried me but also made me feel like she was okay with me helping Natasha.

"Julia is the only one who knows the most detail about my past with The Red Room and the Black Widow program. I'm sorry but I can't have you all mixed in with this." she said.