Chapter 22

2018- Scottish Airspace

"How long until we're at the location Steve gave us?" I asked Natasha who was flying the jet we were in.

"20 minutes." I nodded and retreated to the back for a minute to take a breath.

I hadn't really had the opportunity to take a minute since I woke up. 4 months of being under and then plunged into a life or death mission that was extremely important for all of us to be a part of and on top of that I woke up in 2018. Saying I was a little overwhelmed was an understatement. I looked down at my hands and touched the suit I was wearing; it was the one Shuri had made me and it was perfect for me. It felt like I had been wearing it for years. I felt stronger and looked stronger. While I was under my hair had grown out so now the silver was only at the ends which didn't look terrible.

"Are you ready for this?" Wanda's voice broke my train of thought.

"I don't know but I have to be. Natasha said Steve sounded scared and since when has Steve ever sounded that way?"

"True, whatever is after Vision, it feels different, it feels like something we've never faced before." I went up to her and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Whatever it is; we'll beat it. Together." I whispered the last part before placing a soft kiss on her lips.

"Have you tried yet?" Wanda asked, referring to my claws and I shook my head.

"I'm nervous if I'm being honest." Wanda nodded and grabbed my hand; this time she put it up to her lips and kissed it.

"I'm right here, I know you're scared but I'm not." my eyes watered a little at her words. She was making me so soft but I guess that's what love is; simultaneously making you stronger and softer.

I took my hand away from Wanda's lips and took a small step back so I could extract my claws. I closed my eyes and I did it with ease; it didn't hurt anymore when they came out. I opened my eyes and looked down at the new claws. Instead of the signature silver they were now a brushed black metal which in my opinion looked much better. I smiled at them, everything was so much easier and whatever Stryker had done to me was now gone. I loved this strength and this look, I felt like an Avenger.

"You should start calling yourself the Dark Wolverine." Wanda laughed and I smiled.

"That doesn't sound so bad actually."

There was a loud sound that echoed through the jet and I guess that was Natasha's way of telling us that she was landing. I walked back over to the chair beside her and Wanda sat in the chair directly behind me.

"Let's land this bird." Natasha said as she geared down towards a clearing.

The landing was smooth and as soon as she was fully stopped the doors opened.

"Let's find Steve." I said as we exited the jet and as we did it took off again I presume back to Wakanda.

It was nightfall as we walked through the town square. I was surprised Steve gave us the coordinates to such a high risk area but when I looked around it didn't look like anyone was around. In fact it looked quite abandoned.

"Julia." Wanda said, getting my attention.

I walked over to where Wanda was and the look on her face scared me a little. I turned to what she was staring at or rather watching and it was a news broadcast.

"Shit." I said as I read the headline; 'Tony Stark Missing' and 'New York Attacked'

"It looks like an alien ship." Natasha commented and I nodded in agreement.