Chapter 15

2024- Avengers Compound: Infirmary

The light shining in my eyes wasn't the most pleasant feeling to wake up too but I guess I was just grateful to wake up in the first place. I managed to look around the room and I immediately knew I was in the infirmary; great, not only did I almost kill Wanda but almost myself too.

The second Wanda popped into my mind everything came back to me; she was gone and I somehow gained some weird ass powers along with a voice that tells me to do bad things. Might as well call me Bucky Barnes.

"You're up." I heard the voice and looked to the door.

"Yeah, how long have I been out?" I asked because I had 0 concept of time.

"A couple of days, which is understandable after what happened." Yelena took a seat in the chair beside my bed and handed me a coffee.

"Thanks." Yelena nodded.

"Are you okay?" I asked after taking a sip of my coffee.

"Am I okay? You've been through the ringer, I just got choked out for a bit, you saved our asses. Once again." Yelena laughed.

"Hero complex, I guess."

"More like a death wish complex." Yelena joked or at least I think she did.

"What's the damage?" I wanted to get it over with.

"Strange and Tony are trying to figure out where Wanda went. Strange said the multiverse is vast and she could be anywhere but they're working on it. Strange is getting ready to go searching, obviously he's the only one who can; Sorcerer Supreme and all." Yelena started and I listened intently.

"He wanted to wait for you to wake up though so he could talk to you and everyone else is okay, Natasha hasn't left your side really unless it's to help Tony and Strange. Sam is pissed and I'm just confused about what the hell is going on with you." Yelena finished and I nodded.

"I don't know, it's unlike anything I've ever experienced, it's honestly terrifying me and I need to get to Wakanda ASAP." I explained because I really had to figure myself out before I hurt someone.

"Yeah, about that, Tony has already informed T'Challa, he's expecting you as soon as you've recovered." I nodded, I understood why Tony did that, they needed to be prepared and I was okay with it. What I did out on the lawn was unbelievable, I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact that I did that.

"I get that," I said as I stood up and stretched my limbs.

"Are you sure you should be doing that?" Yelena asked.

"Yeah? My energy was just drained, I needed a couple days to recover, I still have a healing factor little one." I said as I noticed my clothes in the corner of the room.

"Okay, whatever you say, I'll wait for you outside." I nodded and began changing.

Once I was fully clothed I left the room and joined Yelena on the walk to the lab. We didn't say much as we walked down the hall but when we passed mine and Wanda's room my heart clenched. I knew I was avoiding feeling hurt but I had to swallow it for now, there were other things that needed to be addressed. My sadness about my girlfriend choosing imaginary children over me can wait.

I shook off the feeling of hurt and entered the lab where I found Strange and Tony talking in front of the hologram.

"Look who's up." Tony said as soon as he saw me and Strange turned to me as well.

"I'm glad to see you're okay." Strange commented.

"Yeah, me too, I heard you wanted to speak to me before you went on the hunt?" I got right to it because I just wanted to go to Wakanda already and get this shit out of my head.