Chapter 16

The Red Room, Belarus: Day 14

I haven't seen Natasha since that day in the training room and the memory of her and Wanda were all I could hold onto. I was being tortured every day and conditioned to forget about friendship and love and family. Taskmaster was brainwashing me and I could feel it, I could feel myself becoming numb to certain things and it scared me. She also knew how to trigger my temper now, anything that had to do with hurting Natasha or Wanda, she knew was a trigger so she used the sensation I felt when she would threaten them and carried that over to when she uttered a single word.

At some point she would just have to say the word and I would become the monster I've been trying to push down for over 50 years and had managed too but the torture was really bringing it out of me.

Survival was my only goal, I gave up on being found so I held onto the memories of my life. I fought hard for them, Taskmaster could take away my self control but she couldn't force me to forget no matter how hard she tried, I wasn't Bucky I was much older and stronger.

"Good morning." I heard Taskmaster before I saw her and for the first time in 2 weeks she turned the light on in the room.

I was finally able to see where I was being held and I didn't notice it before but there was a window to another room where a chair sat in the middle. I was confused because Taskmaster hadn't done anything like this before. I felt her pull on the back of my head and I groaned in pain.

"We're going to give you a little show." she whispered in my ear and I was confused until she brought Natasha into the room opposite of mine and I watched her through the window.

"Since Natasha refuses to let you go, she has become 0 use to me. She is too emotionally invested in you to be truly committed to the KGB again so I have no choice. I hope you know that I've lost a once great agent because of you, now you will lose her as I have." Taskmaster said and I heard her speak into the walkie talkie she carried but she spoke in Russian.

"No, no! Please no! I'm begging you, you have me, you have me, I'm literally at your will, please! Leave her alone!" I cried out as the Black Widow in the other room pointed her gun at Natasha's head.

"Too late." A gunshot went off.

My eyes filled with water and screams filled the air around us. I felt the anger surge through my body and my veins tightened as I ripped myself free from the chains regardless of the vibranium metal embedded in my body. The adrenaline in my body gave me the ability to heal faster and all I saw was red. The feeling I felt was indescribable, all I knew is that I wanted to kill. I extracted my claws and angrily drove them through Taskmaster's chest and ripped through it.

I was starting to blackout, I knew I wasn't going to remember this. I felt the tears flow as the room filled with Black Widow's but I took out every single one of them. Natasha was dead and this was the only outlet I had. I ripped through the swarm of Black Widow's their blood coating the walls and my claws. I looked through the window and saw Natasha's body just laying there.

I crumbled to my knees and cried. I cried like I had never cried before. One of the only things I was holding onto was now dead. I couldn't hear anything over my own screams and I felt the adrenaline leave my body.

As soon as my body came to a halt I fell over; the exhaustion being too much. I closed my eyes for what felt like a minute and a loud bang jolted me.

I opened my eyes and I was back in the chair, chained, confusion was all I felt. Taskmaster was standing beside me completely fine, what the fuck was going on?