Chapter 23

2018- Battle of Wakanda

"Are you nervous?" Natasha asked as we approached the treeline and I shook my head.

"I was but not anymore. I'm ready." nothing else was said as we paid attention to what was being said over the comm.

"I'm getting two heat signatures from where the treeline is." Rhodey informed us.

We jumped off of the hovercraft that brought us to the front of the line. I smiled internally a little because this was always where I was put during the war. Some things never change. I looked out towards the burning forest in front of us and stood beside Steve and T'Challa. It was empowering to stand at the sides of not just two powerful men but the armies of Wakanda as well as they chanted in their national language.

"Thank you for standing with us." T'Challa shook hands with M'Baku who I knew was the leader of the Jabari Tribe.

I took a deep breath as we walked over to the end of the protective dome to face the children of Thanos who were standing on the other side. Seeing them in daylight was strange considering I had only seem them at night but I was finally able to see what they actually looked like and menacing came to mind but also ugly as fuck.

As we approached we noticed that the woman's partner wasn't beside her instead he was replaced with a much larger being.

"Where's your other friend?" Natasha asked sarcastically and I smirked.

"You will pay for his life with yours." the woman spoke and I forgot how deep her voice was. It was annoying honestly.

"Thanos will have that stone." the woman said again and I rolled my eyes.

"That's not gonna happen." Steve and I said at the same time. But we didn't look at each other, we just remained facing the woman and her larger friend.

"You are in Wakanda now." T'Challa started.

"Thanos will have nothing but dust and blood."

"We have blood to spare." the woman said in retaliation and raised her sword in the air to signal the army behind her.

Loud rumbling commenced as we walked back to where Bucky and Sam were. Well that went well. I stood by Sam's side this time and turned to him.

"Did they surrender?" he asked and I shook my head.

"Not exactly."

As the aliens came toward the force field T'Challa began his chant. I had no idea what was being said but it felt empowering to say the least. The aliens collided with the force field willingly and even though it was killing them they didn't let up once.

"What the hell?" Bucky said out loud and I agreed.

"Stay alive brother." I said, looking at Sam and extracting my claws.

"You too wolfy." I wanted to laugh but I was too caught up in being focused on what was in front of me.

"Looks like we pissed her off." Natasha commented.

"They're killing themselves." Okoye pointed out.

Some of the aliens were getting through the force field and we prepared ourselves for the fight. The chanting never subsided as we stood tall against our enemy. T'Challa said something and the armies began to shoot at the aliens along with Bucky shooting as well. I looked over at Steve for a moment who was so still and his heartbeat was so steady it was almost comforting. He was what a true leader looked like.

"It's been an honour Cap." I said out loud getting Steve's attention.

"The honour's mine Julia." he replied without taking his eyes off the aliens.