Chapter 2

Still with Richard on the mind, Isabella arrived at the clearing where she usually gets her favorite plants. Most people don't know it but you can do so much with simple plants like nettle. She had spent most of her life learning about plants. This knowledge was passed down to her from her mom who had to make a living selling those herbs after her husband died in the 3rd great war that opposed the kingdoms of Fardug and Tzungstat. Fardug was a patriarchy divided in many houses and dukes where the rule was that every fourth child had to be either abandoned or killed on the spot as they said it was a bad omen, this one kingdom is totally against any form of witchcraft and decided to base itself on scientific progress. No one truly knows the reason of this hatred, rumors said the first wife of the current king was a witch that cheated on him with their own royal advisor, some say that one tried stealing his children to spite him, other even say a witch made fun of the size of his cock when he tried to have his way with her. This one is the most popular, what's more fun than making fun of a king's privates ? Even inspired a song among drunkards in all Tzungstat "

There once was a king in Fardug that had a little itch!

He saw this woman and said I have to have that witch !

He tried to have his way with her but couldn't manage this endeavor !

The witch laughed at him because she expected more !

So the king said " make it grow i'll show you what i can do "

The witch laughed harder " I can do magic but there is nothing even for you " .

And so the king went back to his castle and please remember those lyrics !

That was the story of the king with a small dick ! "

On the other hand the kingdom of Tzungstat was known for being a place of liberties for all residents, you can love who you want, marry who you want. This one was a matriarchy where the queen was above all else. Queen Saphira was known to be a powerfull leader that would make a mountain shake just with a click of her tongue, her other name was the dragon queen. Not only because her wits would make those in front of them feel like they were burning in the flames of hell but also because she was surrounded at all time by her personnal guards called the wyverns. A group of 6 powerful witches focused on fire magic. One of the most known thing about her was how impressive she looked, she was a giant of a woman that would make any man feel like a young child, she was dominating everyone from the top of her 6 foot 7. She had a dragon tooth as a pendant and it was said she punched the dragon ripped the tooth and stabbed it in the eye with it ! She could decapitate 3 men in one swing and was considered one of the best swordsman in the world.  Witches are quite common over there and are often seen as envoys of god, as if god himself gave them powers to achieve his will. Many theories about why this came to happen were spoken, the most believed one is that the first queen was a witch herself, other is that her mother was one and the last was that when she was younger she fell ill and was cured by a powerful witch.

As her mind wanders while picking her plants, Isabella thinks back to the words of her mother " you have a talent Bella, always use it to help others ". Her mom was the only person to ever smile at her the way she did until ... she met this man. He had this smile that could make snow melt. Shaking her head to get his face out of her head she finished picking the last plants she needed and started walking back to her home. On the way back she felt something, like a presence, as if someone or something was looking at her. She froze, all her senses on alert, she only had a second to notice the shape to her right coming right at her from the corner of her eye. She dived forward and felt fur scrap her legs, as she got back on her feet, the shape was already gone from her sight. She thought of running but the creature was probably way faster than her, but at least it wasn't as quiet as Richard, a branch snapped right behind her, she had but a second to duck before the creature leaped towards her in an attempt to rip her head. She turned around and this time the creature was right there, standing on all fourth, covered in black fur darker than the night, it's yellow eyes fuelled by rage, foam at the mouth. It looked way too big to be a simple alpha wolf, he worries got confirmed when the creature stood up on it's 2 back legs like a man, it was a feral lycanthrope, also known as werewolf.