Chapter 28

It was late at night when Konnor came back to Malik's tavern. His mind was completely blank, after escaping the Cauldron he walked slowly in the city, almost wandering aimlessly, obsessing, thinking, going between self inspirational speeches, self blaming and already mourning his friend. Malik was at the counter checking how many coins they got that day.

" Boy ! Come here for a sec "

Konnor approached Malik. His body was moving but his mind was away. Whatever Malik was saying he was not hearing any of it. " He seems worried, I can't hear him, it's like I'm in a bubble. What do I really care about ? Izi doesn't seem to care that I care about him. Richard doesn't care about me, he just didn't kill me because his woman was here, Malik doesn't care, Kazak didn't care, Shifty and Nifty didn't care. My brother didn't care about me, my paren- ". A powerful slap from Malik got Konnor out of his thoughts. Already in a bad mood, he jumped over the counter to fight Malik.

" It was the wrong day to annoy me ! "

He was swinging as fast as he could but his fist only hit the air, each time he punched, Malik would move away or deflect his punches. Malik tripped him as he was going for a heavy punch, still on the ground, he turned around to see Malik's judging eyes. " Don't look at me like this ".

He got back up and once again resumed his punches, even though he only had one arm, Malik was defending himself perfectly. Once again taking advantage of the boy's momentum, he caught his right fist and brought him closer to him in order to deliver a powerful knee to the guts. The blow was strong enough to knock the air out of the young man and make him back off while coughing. Once again Konnor looked at Malik, he was standing still and looking at him in silence. " STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE THIS !! " . In a fit of rage, Konnor grabbed two knives that were still on the work plan, he threw the one that was in his left hand in Malik's direction and rushed towards him. Malik simply stepped aside to dodge the knife and waited for the next hit to come, Konnor raised the knife and tried striking from above. Malik simply grabbed his wrist and twisted his arm in his back, he then kicked him in the knee forcing him to lay face down, as a final submission move, Malik applied pressure on the young man's back with his knee.

" Let me go !!! LET ME GOOOOOOO "

" No."

" Let me go you one arm fuck ! "

" Calm down boy."

For five minute straight, Konnor tried wrestling against the pressure applied on him, but Malik was locking him in place.

" Boy, I know how you feel right now, you are scared, but not for yourself. "

" You don't know shit ! Let me go ! "

" You are scared for your friend and you lash out at everything, you actually didn't think of hurting me, you wanted me to hurt you so that you didn't have to do it yourself. "

" Shut up ! "

" Right now, you feel powerless, you feel like you can't change anything"

" I SAID SHUT UP ! "

" But you are a strong boy, you are not a bad person."

" Let me gooooooooooo !!! "

The boy's screams of rage rapidly turned to cries, Malik decided to get him up but this time pulled him in for a hug. Gladly welcoming it, Konnor let go of all his worries and pain and cried to his heart content.

" Sit down boy, the meat is almost ready "