Chapter 35

" Come her lil kitty, pspspsps, come here boy "

" What are you doing Markok ? "

" Shhh Eixien, you're gonna make it run away. I was sent on a quick errand in town a week ago and this lil one was so weak and starved, so I took him back with me, but ever since I brought it back it's been avoiding me. "

Eixien came across the giant man who was kneeled down trying to coax the kitten , slowly but surely the small fur ball was coming closer. Suddenly, Felix opened the door of the hallway and the noise made the kitten run away. Annoyed, Markok got up and stared at him.

" Are you proud ? I was finally taming him ! "

" Like I would care about you or this little shit. We already have the little puppy next to you as a pet anyway. "

Used to the derogatory terms Felix had for him, Eixien kept his head down.

" Oh look, he is well disciplined, he can stay silent. You two should go back to doing your actual jobs instead of caring for kittens, maybe I'll throw it to the hounds so you would stop being distracted. "

Markok walked up to Felix, grabbed him by the collar and pinned him against the wall.

" You better shut up before I decide to seperate your head from your fucking neck. "

" Oh go ahead, I would love to see you try. "

Felix used his hands against the wall and his feet against Markok's chest to push him off him. Markok stumbled backwards but regained his footing quick enough, the two men stared at each other in what seemed an eternity. Eixien was standing there watching the two men, " I knew they did not get along but it was never to that point... "

" Humm, please can we not fight he- "

" Silence puppy ! Or I can tell your mistress how much you love to watch her change in her chambers. "

Eixien became red with shame and anger. Markok walked backward to retrieve his battle axe, his knuckles turned white from clenching on it. Felix smiled and put his hand on his sword handle. A few seconds passed and the both men walked towards each other with the intent to fight with their weapons raised. Eixien tried running between the two of them.

" Please sto- "

He got interrupted when a mysterious figure appeared out of thin air between the two men, stopping their swings like they meant nothing. A woman's voice came from the hooded figure.

" Gentlemen please, keep the peace within the castle, we have important people here. Is the duchess available to see anyone ? "

Both men backed off and Markok decided to speak first.

" I haven't seen her in weeks, she barely leaves her chambers anymore, only people allowed in are her personal handmaiden and for some reason this glorified scarecrow over there. "

" Scarecrows are actually useful, can't tell this much about you cat whisperer. "

" I'm gonna split you in two !! "

The woman turned towards Markok and somehow her look made him rethink what he was about to do next. He decided to simply walk away in search of the little kitten.

Felix readjusted his cloak and watched the woman slowly walk up to Olivia's bedroom, he stopped her by putting his hand on her shoulder before she could enter.

" I don't know who you are and I don't really care, like our pachydermal fellow here said, only me and her handmaiden are allowed in. "

She had a slight giggle and took his hand off her.