Chapter 13

Richard yawned.

" I think it's enough story time for tonight ".

" WHAT ?! No ! I want to know the rest ! Did you and Malik stay in the same unit ? Did he survive the war ? Did anyone find out about you ? And why did you leave the army ? I need to know ! "

Richard couldn't stop laughing, she was like a little girl asking for more stories before bed. He never saw her this way.

" Stop laughing at me or I'll roast you like that Liéchi ! "

" Ok ok fire witch don't hurt me i'm scared ! "

" You better be ! "

" It's getting late, i should get going before i can't find my way out there "

It was indeed late at night.

" You can't leave now ! It's way too dark outside. "

" I'll be fine. I can see pretty well in the dark."

" I don't feel at ease if you just go outside now ... can't you just go in the morning ?

Richard noticed she was heavily blushing, she was indeed worried for him.

" Alright i'll stay, but i'm tired so i'm planning on sleeping, your chairs are actually comfortable. And I said sleeping alright ? Don't try anything weird on me witch ! "

" I should be the one scared for my safety, I have one of the top assassins in the world that can move without making a sound right here in my living room."

She got into her bed after putting out all the lights.

" Goodnight Richard "

" Goodnight Isabella "

" You can call me Bella "

He had a little chuckle.

" Oh can I now ? Am i not still a " stranger you happen to bump into very often " ? ".

" No, you are now a stranger I bump into VERY VERY often ! "

" Well that's progress, now shush and sleep young lady ! "

" Oh come on you aint old enough to call me young lady ! "

" I'm almost 27 ! "

" I'm 23, see ? you ain't that much older !"

" Still shush and sleep, this old man needs his rest ! "

" Yeah sleep well grandpa !"

He had a little laugh and flipped his hood on his head. Isabella turned around in her bed, praying to god she wouldn't get one of those dreams where she said his name.

The first lights of the morning pierced through the cracks of the wooden door. Richard woke up before Isabella and as he was itching his eyes he heard a scratching noise against the door. Nothing was indicating any danger, so he simply got closer to the door. It smelled like an animal, a small one. He opened the door and discovered a black cat, the cat ran between his legs and into the house. It was wearing a small bag, was it a messenger ?

The cat jumped on Bella's bed and started to rub itself on her face.

" Hmm, what ? What is th- "

She stopped as she noticed the cat. She looked at the cat and didn't seem very happy with it being here.

" Move, I told you already to not get on the bed in this form, you leave fur everywhere ! Plus you are early ! "

The cat jumped on the floor as Bella sat on her bed, she stretched and greeted Richard. Her hair was a mess and she had a strand of saliva on her cheek. Richard couldn't help but laugh at her morning face