Chapter 45

" Why is it so dark here ? Where am I ? Richard ? Richard, where are you ? Please I don't want to be alone ... Oh I remember, you aren't here anymore, I am alone, eventually you all left.. you are all the same. You always end up leaving me. Why am I the one who has to be cold, alone and afraid ? Why can't I ever get warmth ? "

Isabella woke up in a dark cell of the castle,  restrained only by chains on her hands. The duchess had taken her engagement ring but left her the blue dress she was wearing when she was arrested.

" Hey ! "

Bella looked in the direction the voice was coming from, Markok was standing on the other side of the bars.

" I brought you food, it's not much but it will fill your stomach. "

Bella simply glared at the man from the corner of her cell.

" Listen girl, I'm sorry for what happened but you need to eat, you have been here for three days and haven't said a word or eaten anything. " Markok paused and placed the food inside the cell. " She is not gonna let you die, she will force feed you to keep you alive. I'm really sorry it had to end this way. "

Before he could go, Bella heard a set of footsteps coming down the stairway, Felix stepped in her field of vision and all her animosity was concentrated on him.

" Oh if looks could kill I'm sure I would be dead on the spot ahah. "

" ... "

" Oh, playing the silent game I see. "

" ... "

" I got you a present, I wanted to keep it but I feel like it's more appropriate if you have it. "

Felix opened the cell and threw a small package inside of the room. Bella stood still as she watched the package slowly roll and come to a stop close to her. Felix took back the food Markok had just given her.

" Don't waste food on peasants, if she doesn't want to eat our food she can always eat her " gift " .

He closed the cell and made his way back up the staircase quickly followed by Markok. Isabella got curious about the " gift " and crawled to it, a strange smell was coming from it and she realised the package seemed drenched in some dark liquid. She opened it and let out a horrifying scream that was heard at the top of the staircase. Felix smile as he realised she had opened the package and discovered what remained of Richard's head inside of it.

" Kony I still maintain it's a bad idea. "

" I know it is but we couldn't do shit to save Rich' we have to save Bella. "

" I don't really think we can sneak inside with this plan. "

The two boys had spent the last three days planning on how to break Isabella out of the prison, with the help of Maureen they had acquired women's clothing that would fit Izi and made him pass as an apprentice maid.

" I know this boy inside, names Eixien, he seemed to like Richard and I'm gonna bet on this for him to help us. "

" If you have a friend on the inside, why do we need to have me dressed like this ? "

" So we can pass the first gate with a motive and then I will ask for Eixien specifically.  And also you look cute."

" Idiot ... " 

They reached the castle using Richard's horse, and as planned were stopped by guards.

" State your business . "