Chapter 21

Richard was floating in a weird space out of time, he couldn't feel many things, he was bathed in a warm and gentle light. He tried moving his hands but he couldn't see them. He closed his eyes, focused on his sensations and felt himself sink deeper into this state when suddenly he felt cold hands on his face. When he opened his eyes he saw Bella, smiling at him, she was radiating light. She pulled him towards her and they both started ascending, the higher they were the faster they were going. She then kissed him and threw him upwards, he was gonna come in contact with the limit of this world, he tried going down towards Isabella but he couldn't move. He braced for impact ... and woke up in sweat from his slumber.

Richard looked around, he was in a small room barely lit by a candle. There was a mirror, water in a bowl and a small chair. He sat down on the bed, his left arm was bandaged and his right arm was being held in place by a sling made with his own cape. Trying to keep his arm as close as he could, he stood up and started limping towards the bowl. He washed his face with the water that was left in it and looked at his face in the small mirror attached to the wall. " damn I look dead ". His eyes were sunk into his face, his left eyebrow arch was swollen because of the hit to his head and his lip was open. " that will leave me a few scars ". He then looked at his torso and assessed the damages, a lot of bruises, a few cuts, he guessed he probably had two or three cracked or broken ribs with how painful breathing was. He decided to step out of his room, after a few steps he heard someone walking behind him, when he turned around he discovered Sepu holding a glass of water to him. Richard smiled at him and took the glass.

" Thank you Sepu, i think I'm not mistaken if I say thank you for saving my life in the nest "

Sepu just nodded as an answer. He then made a sign at Richard to follow him. They walked along the house corridors and walked inside the living room where he first met Selena. There she was, sitting in an armchair, drinking some tea and reading a book. When she saw Richard walk in the room she had a sigh of relief.

" Well well, you sure are resilient my friend, I'm glad you are ok. Please have a sit, Sepu can you make some special tea for him ? "

Sepu simply nodded and exited the room. Richard sat down and let out a groan of pain, his ribs were killing him.

" Thanks for saving me and fixing me up. How long was I out ? "

" You have been asleep for two days straight, I honestly thought you weren't gonna make it. "

" I'm one tough bastard ahah ahh ! "

Sadly his laughter got interrupted by a shock of pain followed by coughing. At the same time Sepu came back with a steamy cup of tea and handed it over to Richard. He smelled it and the smell made him wince.

" What is this ? "

" It's a tea made from medicinal herbs, we have been making you drink this for the past two days."

Richard looked at the tea again.

" I think I feel better already, really."

She had a slight smile.

" Come on, you killed a Zenkab queen and you fear a small cup of tea ? Quit acting like a child and drink it already ! "

Richard took a deep breath and chugged the whole cup. He looked at Selena with a disgusted look.

" Are you trying to finish me off with this woman ? Oh my god ! I think I'm seeing the creator trying to grab me ! "

" Ahah ! Are you an adventurer or a drama artist ? Now go back to bed and rest. "

" You don't have to tell me twice." He got up and started walking towards the door. Before he opened it he turned around. " You don't happen to have a horse I could borrow do you ? "