Chapter 24

It was early in the afternoon when Richard and Konnor arrived at the tavern. The smell of the freshly cooked meat was rising from within the building and into the street, charming stray travelers to venture into it. Both their stomachs were already growling with hunger. Before they could enter Richard stopped Konnor by putting a hand on his chest. Richard took out the gold he took from Felix and handed it over to the boy.

" Before we go, can you take this and bring it to Senob ? He deserves it "

" And I deserve to eat, I'm starving Rich' ! '

" Come on it's just a quick errand, I will be gone for a few days after this. It's the last thing I will ask of you. Please ? "

Konnor had a heavy sigh, snatched the pouch from Richard's hand and started walking away while sulking.

" You better treat me to a full chicken for just me alright ?! "

" Yeah don't worry "

" that's so bullshit ! Why does he send me on an errand now of all times ? I could have eaten a full round of cheese and some chicken ! It smelled so good and the waitresses are so nice ohhh ! "

His daydreaming got interrupted by a young man bumping into him, he was roughly the same height and age as him, he was a street kid but seemed a bit more tanned. He definitely was not from this country, he had a small semi lunar scar under his left eye and a cyan scarf wrapped around his head that kept his long hair tucked in. He was also wearing a leather jacket without sleeves so long it was trailing on the ground but no shirt under it. The young man seemed in a hurry and just smiled at Konnor and resumed his walk. " why did he smile at me ? ". Konnor resumed his walk and saw Senob emptying garbage in the street.

" Senob ! Richard asked me to give you th- "

Konnor froze in place. as he touched the place where there should have been the gold pouch on his waist.

" He got wot ? "

Understanding what just happened, Konnor turned around and sprinted in the direction he just came from under the screams of the angry blacksmith.

" HEY ! Don't ya have any manner ya lil fooker ?! Don't hail people just to fookin run ! OI ! "

Konnor had no time to lose. This kid could be long gone. " I swear I will smash this little prick once I get my hands on him ! ". After a few minutes jogging through the streets he saw a glimpse of the blue scarf and ran towards it. When he turned at the angle he just saw the boy, he saw him just walking away while whistling as if nothing happened.

" Hey you ! "

The young man turned around and took off in a sprint when he saw Konnor already coming after him. Konnor followed him to the end of the small alley they were in, he barely had any time to stop himself from coming into collision with a carriage that was going through the street. Looking left and right, he saw no sign of the scarf. " Damn slippery scarf wearing bastard ! ". He then proceeded to put both hands behind his head and looked at the ground, he then saw a shadow of someone on the ground in front of him that was projected by the sun. He turned around and looked up and there he was, smiling at Konnor from the top of the roof.

" Get down there and give me back my money ! "

" What money ahah ! " The scarf boy then started juggling with the coins. " I "found" it ! So now it's mine ahah ! "

He then turned around and walked away on the roof. " oh no you bastard you aint getting away ! " Konnor took a few steps back to look at the structure of the building before him. It was a classic stone bulding with houses built in and balconys. " I'm used to climbing, it's easier than a tree and I don't have a bear trying to eat me this time. Come on Kon' ! " . He started by taking a step on the wall and gripped the balcony above him, balancing his legs to gain some momentum. He managed to put his feet on the ledge and get onto the balcony. He then gripped the cracks in the wall and made his way up the roof. Once on the roof he looked around and saw the scarf boy simply walking away. This time he tried to approach him as silently as possible. Once he was a few meters away he rushed as fast as he could towards him, he then tackled him and tried reaching for the pouch.