Chapter 18

She pulled her body closer to his, her bare skin touching the sturdy leather. She forgot the pain from her cuts, she wasn't feeling the cold sensation due to the water or the night breeze. She only felt the warmth of his embrace. She didn't want this to stop, it was just them in this space away from the world, away from all wars or suffering. When she was done, all she could do was smile at him, in a complete state of euphoria she lunged at him and kissed him again. He was kissing her back and started carrying her towards a more dry and firm ground. She wrapped her legs around his waist, her eyes could not stop staring at his. He gently put her down and started taking the laces of his own armor off, both of them stopped thinking and decided to simply embrace this instant. Once he was bare chested, he leaned over her and moved her hair back behind her ear. No more words were spoken, as their bodies tangled together in what seemed like an eternity to the both of them.

Isabella was washing her body with hot water back in her home, she couldn't believe what just happened. " I don't know how long we were there but i wish it lasted longer. How am I going to talk to him now ? The return home was so silent ". She decided to go for the casual approach, she got out of her bath and went downstairs. He was there, waiting to wash his own shivering body.

" Humm Richard, the water is still hot so humm yeah you can go "

Richard seemed embarrassed too.

" I'm going, I won't be long. "

He walked next to her and used his usual charming smile. Inside he was shaking " how am I gonna be able to talk to her normally after this ? ". He took as much time as he could in the bath, when he dropped inside it, he let out a sigh of relief. Between the fight in the bar and this one, his body needed rest. Either he would heal on the way to Ryzeon or he would need to take a day or two to heal. Thinking about the poor people that were stripped from their children, he decided it was best to simply go and he will rest once his task was done. He got out of his bath, put some pants on and went downstairs. Isabella was eating an apple, only wearing a long white dress just like in his dream. " The creator seems to play with me these days. " he thought to himself. Before he could put on a shirt, Bella stopped him.

" Wait a second before putting something on, I have something for your bruises. Just sit. "

She stood up and looked among her regular ointments. Richard couldn't help but stare at her, her dress was flattering all her curves, she had such a modest dress on yet she looked more beautiful than any queen. A simple white dress held up by a few laces at the top. She turned around and noticed his look, he stopped staring and just looked towards the window to his right. Him looking at her made her blush, she wanted him to look at her more. She was feeling uncomfortable when any man was looking at her more than a second but for him it was different. He was giving her this warm and fuzzy feeling that no one else could bring her.

She kneeled before him and started applying some of the green and dense mixture on his bruises. The strange paste felt extremely cold. " Why does everything have to be cold ? ". He was already missing the warm water of the bath.

" This is gonna sting a little bit, but it will ease the pain and heal you faster "

" I remember a month ago you told me " I'm not a nurse so get out ". I'm glad you decided to expand your horizons ahah Ouch ! "

She just had pressed her thumb on one of his bruises. She had a little smile.

" You did it on purpose did you ? Do you enjoy seeing me in pain Bella ? "

" If i did I would not be doing this. So now shut up and stay still "

She kept applying the paste on him, she was trying her hardest to not breath heavily as she was slowly making circles on his tensed muscles. Richard too was having a hard time controlling himself, the way she was kneeled but also slightly leaned forward made it easier for him to see down her dress. Even if he saw her topless earlier, the sight still made his heart pound in his chest. She noticed his small looks but didn't mind. She wanted to kiss him again, she wanted to feel this warm feeling again.