Chapter 14

Richard arrived at Ciscera in the morning, the town market was already lively and most people had opened their shops. He was still thinking about Isabella, she was the first woman that was a witch that he didn't have to kill, he wasn't sure how to speak of this to her and he didn't want to lie to her. He entered the tavern, and sat at one of the tables, his hood still on his head.

" What can I get for you mister ? "

A young brown haired woman with red highlights was standing right next to him." The color red seems to be following me everywhere " .

" I'll take a glass of water and some grilled pork "

" Coming right away mister "

The owner noticed the man and approached him.

" Something wrong buddy ? "

" I'm just wondering if I'm making a mistake with my life right now, I met this girl ... "

" There is always a girl buddy "

He sat down, putting his only arm on the table and pouring both of them some wine.

" How about talking about it with a friend ? "

Richard lifted his hood up and looked straight forward.

" I don't know Malik, maybe i'm just not cut for it, she is different from the rest"

" I know that lil bro, but i will bet the arm i still have and say that you more than anyone deserve someone for yourself too. And you aren't like the rest either. "

Richard took a sip of wine.

" I started to tell her my story, but i don't know how to speak about the time in the special division ... she will despise me if she ever learns I hunted and killed more witches than anyone. "

" You had no choice, we were in a war and I know you didn't do it because you hated them. You aren't a bad man, you just did bad things. "

" Malik, i really REALLY like her and i don't want to mess this up .. "

Malik scratched his head and drank his wine.

" Well i know you will find a way to get closer to her, and now that i think about it, where did you sleep ? "

" In her home ... "

" Ahhh so you piped her ! "

" No ! Malik for fuck sake it's not like this ! "

" You don't wanna pipe her then ? Because she looks very good, I'll do it in a heartbeat ! "

" Fuck off ! I do but don't say '' pipe " her. You one arm fuck couldnt manage to fuck anything anyway ! "

" Awnnn lil Richie wanna make looooooooooove ahahah ! "

" Making fun of one of your most loyal customer is very bad service "

" And by the way the young one with red shade in her air over there, her name is Jessamine, she is the new girl and she is such a pure soul" .

Back in the kitchen the girl saw Malik looking at her and waved at him while smiling, he returned her smile.

" Oh god, that's what i look like when i look at her ? That's a scary face man"

" Fuck off Richie, I actually like her. She aint like the other ones, she has this glow to her, when i look at her i get a weird sensation in my belly. I feel it right now ! "

" Yeah yeah the last one wasnt like the other ones either Malik ! And you probably should verify if you didn't just eat rotten chicken"

The two friends laughed and kept talking for a while. Then a man in a shining armor entered the tavern, he seemed young yet capable.