Ch. 4 Mission

The last month went by painfully slow. No real missions went made it our way yet then. We were still learning the absolute basics of Curses and Cursed Energy, getting annoyed by Gojos attempts at making me give him some kind of reaction, and worst of all not being able to see my sisters.
I had my head buried in my hands. I was studying formal and ceremonial etiquette, but I wasn't expecting it to be so complicated. I was used to Dazai being with me and guiding me through it all, but alone I had to visualize everything and try my best to digest all of the information. I wasn't sure when I'd be able to go back to the estate to visit, our own personal time was so sparce because of all the training Yaga had us go through.
I was trying to climb the sorcerer ranks as quickly as I could since the title of Clan Head required both a semi-first grade or higher and the ability to preform a Domain Expansion. I went on simple missions with everyone. Usually just a 4th or 3rd Grade. Even if the missions were tedious and often times understimulating, I was often very overshadowed by Gojo and Geto. So, I was stuck at a Third Grade, while Geto was at a Second Grade, Shoko just behind at Semi-Second, and Satoru at a Semi-First.
"Ahh, damnit all!" I yelled out, throwing my arms in the air.
I knew that the only way that I'd get a promotion would be to take on solo missions or to tag along with different higher grade sorcerers. I could ask Mei, but I also knew that'd she'd drain my pockets for a favor. Maybe Iori would be willing? My thoughts were soon interrupted by a very unwanted guest.
"Mai-chan~!" My eye twitched with annoyance at the loud boy.
"Yes, Gojo-san?" I said in a bored tone.
"What you up to? Studying?" He said peeking over my shoulder.
"It's none of your concern," I replied while closing the books and notebooks I had strewn around the desk. "Did you need something? I was kind of busy," I asked.
"Oh! Actually, Geto and I were thinking about going on a mission and wanted to see if you wanted to tag along?" He questioned, head slightly cocked.
"Why do you want me to go? You two are plenty capable," I said turning towards him.
"We wanted someone to hold our stuff," he said with a smirk.
I gave him a blank stare, knowing damn well that the 'we' meant 'him'.
"I'm truly sorry, Gojo-san, but I am very busy right now. Maybe try asking someone else?" I replied as sweetly as I could.
"Now what could a Third Grade possibly be so busy with? It's not like you're on a mission or anything," Gojo said while exaggerating the third grade part.
I bit the inside of my cheek to keep from screaming at him.
"Well, it turns out this Third Grade is busy, now if you'll please excuse yourself," I said gesturing towards the door. I just wanted him to leave me alone.
"Well, do let us know if anything changes," he said halfway out the door, "bye bye!"
I quickly closed the door. I stood clutching the doorknob, knuckles white from the amount of force I held it with. I could taste blood in my mouth. I was biting down as hard as I could to keep from screaming in frustration, not wanting to give Gojo the satisfaction of hearing me.
I took a deep breath and let go of the poor knob, noticing that it became indented where my fingers were enclosed around it. I walked towards my bed and let myself flop onto it, not caring about what fell or flew out of place. I had my eyes closed for a few minutes, but it was soon interrupted by the sound of my cellphone vibrating on the ground. I scrambled to the edge of the bed and flipped it open to see a message from Geto.

Geto Suguru
11:39 am

Did Gojo go by your dorm?

Yamazaki Mai
11:39 am
Why do you ask?

Because he's pouting and mumbling about a "boring reaction"

I rolled my eyes at his text, quickly typing back.

He did come by, he was being an asshole

Don't mind him, he just doesn't know how to talk to you