Ch. 12 Sleepover

"He said what?!" Shoko screeched out. "That bastard!" She rambled on about how rude Naobito was. I sat on my bed, nodding along with her insults. There was a harsh knock at the door, Suguru was nice enough to answer it. We heard a disgruntled 'thanks' and the sound of bags ruffling around. Satoru came back with comfortable clothes and at least 5 bags worth of snacks and drinks.
  "What'd I miss?" He said, setting everything down.
  "God, you wouldn't believe how rude those Zen'nin's were to Mai! They called her so many disgusting things and even threatened her!" Shoko exaggerated.
  "I don't know if threatened is the right word.." I said sitting on the floor to look through the snacks that Satoru brought. "You didn't have to get so much, ya know." I said, overwhelmed by the choices.
  "I wasn't sure what exactly everyone liked, so I figured I'd get a little of everything." He shrugged.
  "I'm gonna be right back, I'm gonna go change out of my uniform." Suguru said as he began walking to the door.
  "Actually, I'll be back too. Can't be a proper sleepover if we aren't comfy." Shoko said, following the dark haired boy.
  "Oh, it's a sleepover? Sweet." Satoru said once they shut the door.
  "You don't have to stay if you don't want to. Shoko just wants to keep me company."
  "Aht, aht. What kind of friend would I be if I didn't stay? Were all gonna hang out and help you feel better." Satoru beamed. "You probably feel better now that I'm here anyway." I playfully shoved him. Earning a chuckle from him. There was a knock followed by the door opening.
  "We're back!" Shoko came in wearing a large plain t-shit and shorts, and Suguru wore baggy sweats and tank top. I looked down at what I was wearing and I still had on the makeup smeared undershirt and leggings.
  "You guys mind if I change real quick? Don't really wanna stay in dirty clothes." I said, pulling at the undershirt.
  "Oh! Let me pick something out!!" Shoko excitedly began rummaging through my drawers.
  "Wha- oh, okay." I didn't even try to fight it, Shoko never really took no for an answer anyways. She was taking out shirt after shirt, examining it before tossing it aside for a different one. She paused for a moment before turning towards me.
  "Do you need a pair of panties?" My face flushed a deep red.
  "Huh!? Why are you- Hey don't go through my underwear!" I ran to my dresser and tried to grab at the pair that she was currently holding.
  "Ohhh these are cute, didn't take you for the lace type. You guys want to see?" She said tossing them to the boys. Suguru, moving on reflex, caught them and just stared at the fabric in his hands. I didn't move, I just accepted my fate.
  "Oh, those are cute." Satoru said, pushing his sunglasses down to take a better look at the piece of clothing. "Got anymore like this? Maybe in white?"
  "Why do you want to kn-!?"
  "Ohhhh yes she does! Oh damn, these are nice!" Shoko held them up for the boys to see. Suguru had a dark pink tint across his cheeks, and Satoru just let out a low whistle. I buried my face into my hands and sank to the floor.
  "Daaang. And who do you wear those for, huh? You got a secret boyfriend now?" Satoru said in a teasing voice.
  "No! I don't have a boyfriend. And I don't wear them for anyone, I just like them." I defended.
  "Uh-huh. I believe you." He snickered.
  "Oh shut it! I haven't had a boyfriend in a year!" I said, getting up and snatching the flimsy fabric. "And I'll have you know that I just like the way these look on my ass!" I said throwing the pair back into the drawer.
  "You!" I said pointing at Shoko. "No more going through my underwear! Shirts and shorts only!" Shoko held up her hands in defense.
  "First time seeing panties, Suguru?" I heard Satoru say. I looked back to see the two of them arguing. Suguru's face wasn't flushed anymore, but his ears were definitely a bright pink. I went back to finding clothes, happy with a pair of plain underwear. Shoko handed me a white shirt that had the katakana "t-shirt" on it, I got it as a gag gift last year, as well as black shorts. I pushed the boys out of the room so that I could change, I was contemplating having Shoko leave as well.
  "... Are you not going to turn around?" Shoko sat on my bed, staring as if she got best tickets to a concert.
  "Absolutely not." I just let out a sigh. I peeled off the clothes. Tatsuya made me wear incredibly tight clothing to "hide my muscles," she always commented on how unladylike it was for me to have definition rather than just being lean. Once the shirt and pants were off, I almost ripped off the body suit she had me in. I let out a massive sigh, finally able to breathe again.
  "Holy fucking shit." I heard Shoko say.
  "What?"
  "Your body! Your abs! Your boobs! Your ass! Holy shit!" I backed up, my arms coming up to cover myself.
  "That's not fair! Give me some! Especially your ass!"
  "No! I worked hard for this ass! Now sit and turn around! I wanna get dressed!" I matched her volume.
  Thankfully, she did as I said and I quickly changed out of the rest of my clothes and threw on the clean ones she helped me pick out. I was about to go to the door when I heard a shrill shriek come from the other side of the door.
  "Is she in there!?" Came a familiar shrill voice. I heard the muffled voices of Satoru and Suguru, something like "calm down," and "Now isn't the best time". Then there was shuffling along with some strained groans. The door flew open, Tatusya was standing at the entrance looking.. extremely angry.
  "Mai-sama! That is absolutely no way to act! You are to go back to the Zen'nin estate and apologize to Naoya-sama and Naobito-sama for your rudeness!" She was in front of me, spit flying from her mouth and her finger pointed in my face. She paused and looked me up and down, I was only half dressed. The large shirt covering me and the shorts sat around my ankles.
  "What is this?! Did you turn them down to do this!?" She screamed out pointing at Shoko. "Such disgusting actions! We're those boys going to join you as well!? Turned down nobility to whore around!?"
  "Excuse me?!" I damn near slapped the old woman. "What the fuck are you talking about?!" I felt terrible. Shoko was sat on the bed, afraid to move and afraid to speak up. Both Suguru and Satoru were in the room now, Suguru looked angry but kept his mouth shut. Satoru on the other hand..
  "Hey, can you chill the fuck out? We aren't doing anything." He spoke up in an annoyed tone. Tatsuya spun around and began to yell at the boys.
  "You two! What were you planning with My Lady?! How dare you look at her in such a state! Get out! Out!" She began to push them out of the room. She turned to Satoru. "I don't care if you are the son of the Gojo Clan! How dare you lay eyes and think to do such disgusting actions with Mai-sama! You are nothing but scum!" She was now shoving her finger in Satoru's face. I saw him get angry and was about to yell back. I quickly grabbed on to Tatsuya.
  "Stop! That isn't at all whats happening!" I shoved her back. "They were outside so that I could change! They are comforting me since you did a terrible job! Get out! I want to be with my friends!" I screamed at her, pushing her to the door.
  "Mai-sama! You are acting like a child!"
  "I am a child!!" I screamed back, slamming the door in her face. I held onto the doorknob, vibrating with anger.
  "Mai?" Suguru put his hand on my shoulder. I spun around and slapped his arm away from me. I realize what I did and reached back out to him.
  "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hit you." I said, holding onto his hand. He pulled me into a hug and told me it was alright.
  "You should probably put these on now." Satoru said, handing me the shorts. I quickly pulled them over my legs. I let out a quiet 'thank you'.
  "I'm really sorry about all of that." I rubbed at my arm. I felt Satoru throw an arm around my shoulders.
  "Don't even worry about it, let's just do what we can to relax and unwind." He pulled me to where all the snacks were laid out. I picked up a bag of chips and a juice. Shoko was sprawled out on my bed, she looked exhausted.
  "You okay, Shoko?" I asked, sitting on the floor by the bed. Suguru sat to my right and Satoru to my left, also leaning on the bed.
  "No offense at all, Mai, but that lady was fucking terrifying. I thought I was gonna die if I did anything." I let out a nervous laugh.
  "Is she always like that? She's worse than the maids I have back home." Satoru asked, talking with his mouth full.
  "Yeah... she is." I said in a defeated tone.
  "How the hell can you deal with that?" Shoko said leaning over my shoulders, picking up some candy.
  "She's not all bad. She's been with me my entire life, and she trains me." I explained.
  "I guess," Shoko replied.
  "Let's drop it for now, I doubt she wants to talk about it anymore." Suguru chimed in.
  "Thank you," I sighed out. Satoru started to talk about missions and schoolwork, mentioning dates he's been on here and there too. Shoko would cut in with a few jokes. Suguru and I were just listening to the other two. I shifted a bit on the floor so that I could turn to face the other two a bit better, but I ended up losing the support I had for my back. I leaned back and laid on Suguru. He quietly told me to sit up for a minute. I looked back to see him lean back on the bed frame more and opened his legs so that I could sit in the middle. He patted his chest, signaling that he wanted me to lean on him. I happily obliged. Once I got into a comfortable position, Suguru brought his arms up around my shoulders and continued to eat his own snacks.
  "You know, you guys would make a good couple." Both Suguru and I looked over at Shoko.
  "What?" We said in unison.
  "Yeah! You both are pretty similar and have similar styles. You'd look great." She explained. I looked back at Suguru. She was right, we were kinda similar in some ways and tend to lean towards the same taste.
  "I suppose, but I'm not really interested in dating.." I replied.
  "Didn't even give him a chance." Satoru said, shaking his head.
  "What? I thought you'd be happy I'm not taking your man." I teased back.
  "You and I both know I'm the only one for Suguru, the love we have is like no other." Satoru dramatically emphasized.
  "I was just making an observation. We all know you two wouldn't stand a chance with Mai, I'm the only one for her." Shoko said, getting off the bed to hold my hand.
  "Of course, who would want to be with some smelly guys anyway?" I mimicked her gesture.
  "Run away with me, Mai! Let's get married and live in a cute cottage on the countryside! We could have 10 cats!" Shoko exclaimed.
  "Wait, I want 10 cats." Satoru whined.
  "The countryside sounds nice." Suguru chimed in.
  "It's settled, we're all living together." I replied.
  "But I don't want to share you with anyone," Shoko fake cried.
  "Alright, alright," I said with a laugh. "No one can take me away from you anyway. You'll always be my Shoko." I brought her close to my face.
  "Wait, that was smooth as hell." Satoru said.
  "If I didn't know, I would have thought you were being serious." Suguru added.
  "Who knows. That's all up to Shoko." I pulled away.
  "You're hot, but I am very much also not interested in dating." She replied. "But if you asked, I'd kiss you."
  "Ohh, now that's an offer." I replied. "Maybe one day I'll take you up on it."
  "Dang, Mai, didn't know you could pull the ladies." Suguru joked.
  "What can I say?" I laughed out.
  "Speaking of, you guys wanna watch a movie?" Satoru asked. The 3 of us looked at him.
  "How is that even related?" I chuckled out.
  "Oh, it's not. I just want to watch a movie." He replied with a grin. Suguru let out a laugh.
  "I have some horror movies somewhere. You guys wanna?" I got up and began looking through my pile of movies. The other 3 followed behind me as we started to pick out movies to watch.

  We all sat huddled on the floor. Pillows and blankets strategically placed so that we could make a comfortable nest for us to lay in. Shoko was already passed out on the far right side, hugging a pillow and blankets wrapped around her legs. Satoru was snoring loudly next to her. Arms spread out across the top of the pillows. I laid in the middle of Satoru and Suguru. Suguru and I were still awake and watching a zombie movie. The TV was on low volume, but enough to barely hear over Satoru's snores. Suguru was propped up, a mini throne of pillows to give his head some leverage. I was using one of Satoru's arms as a pillow, the blanket that we were all sharing was barely covering our legs because of Shoko. The faint sound of screams from the movie were all I was focused on until Suguru called out to me.
  "Yes?" I whispered back.
  "Are you really not interested in dating?" He quietly asked. I paused for a moment, thinking over how I should answer.
  "Yes and no. I don't want to deal with dating right now, a lots going on and I don't exactly want the major clans to spread any rumors.." I explained. "But the idea of having a partner sounds nice." I finished.
  "Well.. once everything's less hectic.. would you maybe wanna go out?" He asked.
  "Huh?" Was all I could reply with.
  "I don't mean right now, I understand if you don't want to."
  "No, no.. I was.. just caught off guard.." I defended. "Are you sure?"
  "Why wouldn't I be?" He replied.
  "I dunno..." I paused. "It wouldn't be for a while, you know."
  "I'm willing to wait."
  "It might not be for a couple of months.. maybe not until next year.."
  "That's fine."
  "... you actually want to date me?"
  "Yes. Just one date is fine. If you don't want to continue after that, it's fine with me. One is enough." He gave me a smile. I stared at him for a second.
  "Let's talk about it again once everything is calming down. I can't give you a definitive answer right now. But, I'll think about it." I answered.
  "That's fine by me."
  "Was this what you wanted to tell me earlier?" I referenced to this morning.
  "Mhmm." He hummed, obviously beginning to fall asleep. After a few seconds, I felt his arm relax against my side and light snoring. Everyone was asleep, so I figured that I might as well and try too.

I couldn't sleep that night.