Chapter Nine

You know that feeling when you just want to murder someone, but you can't, so you just have to hold it in and try to keep calm? Yeah, that's what was happening to me at the moment. I just wanted to kill the person standing in front of me. It's just like she's fucking stalking me now. Like, what the fuck does she want from me!?

"And who are you, child?" grandma asked her.

Oh, grandma. Why do you have to be so innocent?

"Oh, I am April. Hadley's best friend." she extended her hand so grandma could shake it.

"No, you are not my best friend!" I glared at her.

She slightly narrowed her eyes at me and grinned at grandma. What a witch! My blood started boiling. I know that that wasn't good for my baby who I was raising in my stomach, but this bitch just made it too much. God only knows what her next motive was going to be. She has always been a witch! I really don't know how I didn't see that when I actually was her best friend.

"Don't get angry, dear." grandma patted my shoulder. "Everything will be just fine."

With that said, grandma walked to the counter to pay for the groceries she bought. I glared at April and she just smirked at me. I just wanted to burn her alive, and then bury her alive, then feed her leftovers to the demons that perhaps may not exist. I was that pissed.

"Listen to me, April. Don't follow me around! Stop stalking me and stop telling people that you are my best friend, because you're fucking not. So back off." I pointed my finger at her and attempted to walk pass her.

"Are you threatening me, Hadley?" I could hear the smirk at me once again. I hate that smirk.

I turned around and smirked even wider. "You decide what you want, April."

I walked to grandma and she smiled sympathetically at me. I smiled back and took the bags of groceries from the counter. We walked to the car and I placed the groceries on the backseat and hopped in the car. I started the car and not soon after, we were already on the road.

"Why do you hate her so much? She's not that bad." grandma frowned at me. 

I chuckled and glanced at her, and then back on the road. "If only you knew, grandma. If only you knew." 

---

"Mommy, look!" Ryan ran to me and showed me a drawing. "I drew you, daddy and me!" he grinned from ear to ear, his teeth shining. 

I smiled and took the drawing from his hands. I smiled. It was something typical a toddler would draw. A house, and three puppet thingies. It was so adorable. He was just five years old and he could already do so much. My boy can even do multitasking.

I carefully placed it on Xavier's desk where his laptop was. He forgot it at home, but he has one at the office anyways. I have no idea why he has so many useless stuff. He already has a laptop. Why does he even have another one!?

"I will keep your drawing forever." I grinned at Ryan and kissed his forehead.

He giggled adorably and kissed my cheek. I grinned from ear to ear and placed him on my lap after returning to the bed. We were silent for a moment until I started playing with him. He laughed so adorably that I couldn't take it in anymore and I hugged him tightly.

I felt like he was my life. He meant so much to me. Being called mom is such a big thing. It's such a magical feeling to know that you're a mother and the future and happiness of your children lies in your hands. I never hope that I turn out like my mother. My mother is just an effed up woman and I can do anything to ignore her.  And besides, I don't think that she wants to see my face either. I hate her more than she hates me. Since the day she hit my baby, she had ruined all the respect she had left in my eyes.