Chapter Eighteen

♚ Xavier's POV ♚

I stared at Hadley as she picked up her phone. Never have I seen such beauty. I have seen a lot of women, but never have I seen a woman like her. She may act childish, she may be having a low self-esteem, but I don't care. I understand her behavior like this. Her teen life didn't go as it was supposed to go and I don't regret being married to her. Hadley is my life, and I am not letting my life go.

I frowned as her smile soon turned into an unreadable expression.

"What!? Are you fucking kidding me!?" she shrieked.

"Ryan, go to grandpa." I told Ryan and he ran out of the room.

I placed my hand on her upper arm, rubbing my thumb over it, trying to calm her down a bit.

"But, Sarina, I can't do this!" tears filled in her eyes, and my heart sunk into my stomach.

I kept staring at her until she muttered a 'fine' and hung up. She let out a frustrated sigh and threw the phone on the bed. It bounced off the bed and fell on the floor. She gasped, but I didn't care about the phone. All I care about is that my wife is crying.

"What happened?" I asked her.

She rested her head on my chest and I wrapped my arms around her body. "My mother wants to see me." she breathed out.

I could feel my blood boiling. "No! Absolutely not! I don't want you to see her! I don't fucking trust her!" I growled and I felt her flinch. "I'm sorry. Okay?" I cupped her cheeks. "I just want you to be safe." I kissed her forehead.

Her gaze dropped at the sheets. "Xavier, I know you care a lot about me. I don't want to meet her, but I have to."

"No! You don't have to! I don't want you to!" I said.

"She is my mother, Xavier!" she yelled back.

"I know she is your mother and I don't care! You are not meeting her and that is it!" I yelled back.

"This is my life and I fucking decide! I am meeting her and you are not stopping me!" she pulled away from me.

I got up from the bed. "You are not going there." I said between gritted teeth.

"Yes, I am!" she said.

"Fine! Be that fucking way!" I yelled at her for the last time and walked out of the door, slamming the door shut.

I took my shirt that was on the couch and wore it. I grabbed my car keys and my wallet, walked out of the door and got seated in the car. I slammed the door shut and placed my hand on my forehead. How can she do such a thing! She knows what her parents did, yet she want to meet them. And she's not even listening to me.

I clenched my jaw and started the car. I hit the steering wheel with my hand out of anger on last time and drove away from the house. On one side I was feeling bad for yelling at her, but on the other side I  felt like she deserved it. I still couldn't believe she was doing this to me and to herself. This is just too much! Moments ago I was staring at her, admiring her beauty, and now here I am, being mad at my wife.

No matter how much I will try, I will never be able to forget what her mother did to my family. She was abusive at times, she tortured my wife, she hit my son, she made her daughter marry me by force, not that I hate it. I could have been someone worse than her family. She even tried to get my father's property, for god's sake.

This woman needs to get punished for what she did. I hate her.

★☆★ Neil's POV ★☆★