Chapter Sixteen

I looked at the doctor with wide eyes, but he soon flashed me a smile and nodded at me, making me sigh in relief. He's fine. Nothing happened. The doctor walked over to us and stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"He survived this time, but his condition is still critical. However, he is not in coma anymore, but not conscious either." he said and my shoulders sagged.

I looked at Margaret and walked over to her. Her eyes were full of sadness and a pain that I can't quite describe. I know she was hurt, but how her heart was aching, no one knew. The strong Margaret I knew was replaced by a Margaret that was desperate to have her Neil back. Tears streamed down her face and I could do nothing else, except for hugging her.

Neil, please... Please get well soon.

---

"Hadley, you have to go home and rest. I will stay here with Margaret." Xavier said and I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I am not going anywhere, Xavier. I am staying here, with you guys." I stood my ground.

"Hadley, please go home. Think about you and your baby." Margaret said and I sighed.

"Fine. I'll go home, but you take care and call me when something's wrong." I said and she nodded.

I followed Xavier outside the building, into the car. He started driving me home and I just stared ahead of me. I wonder how Neil is doing right now. I hope he's alright. I hope nothing happens. I smiled as I thought about my wedding day when he just popped out of nowhere. I was so happy to see him after all these years.

But my smile soon faded when I remembered that he's lying in the hospital. It was one o'clock already and my eyes felt extremely tired of all the crying. My eyes closed and the sound of the car driving helped me fade into my sleep.

After a while I felt my body getting lifted out of the car. I tried opening my eyes, but they were just too tired. I heard the door open and I was placed on the soft bed. I felt Xavier running his hand on my forehead and placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Goodnight, Hadley." he said.

"Please take care of Neil..." I mumbled.

"I will..." he whispered and I heard his footsteps fading. And I felt myself dazing into deep sleep.

---

I groaned as I heard someone giggling and jumping on my bed. What the fuck. Can you not see that I'm trying to sleep over here? I heard the giggling again and I frowned with my eyes still closed. I lifted my head and opened my eyes to see who this bubbly person was, because it certainly was not Ryan.

I opened my eyes, just to find Margaret. Like, a really happy Margaret. What the hell is going on here? Wasn't she supposed to be at the hospital with Neil? Oh my god! Neil!

"Margaret?" I whispered.

"Hadley!!" She screeched, making me cover my ears.

"What the hell!? Aren't you supposed to be at the hospital? Oh my god, is Neil okay? Is there something wrong?" I shot questions at her.

She shook her head with a huge grin on her face. "Neil is out of danger!" she happy danced.

"Really?" a huge smile appeared on my face.

"Yes! But he's not conscious yet.." her smile fell.

"But at least he's safe now!" I hugged and she giggled.

"Neil is fine!" she said and hugged me back.

I was so happy that Neil was finally out of danger! Neil was going to live and that was guaranteed. The happiness that was growing inside me was indescribable. I was so happy that Neil was okay now. Just have to hope that he will wake up soon and everything will be just the way it was. It will be awesome!

"Come on. Get ready. It's visiting hours right now." Margaret said.

"What!? Is it really that late!?" I screeched.

"Yeah, you were pretty much tired." she pursed her lips. "Quick! Get ready!" she pushed me.

"I'm going. I'm going." i said and got up from the bed.

I walked into the bathroom and took my towel. I stripped out of my clothes and jumped into the shower. I sang happily as I thought about how much I would talk to Neil when he wakes up. I washed my hair and myself. I wrapped the towel around my body and brushed my teeth. After brushing my teeth, I went into the walk in closet and wore my clothes. Which was just a loose dress.

I walked out of the closet and Margaret smiled at me. "I'm driving." she said and I nodded.

I took my bag and locked the door. We stepped into the car and Margaret started the car. "Where is Mr. Rodriguez?" she asked.

"Office, I think." I said and sighed.

Dad... I haven't seen him for a while. I was so packed up in recent circumstances, that I didn't even really keep tabs on him. I hope he's doing fine, because I need to talk to him about his heart condition. God, I haven't even visited his doctor to ask how he's doing. I'm such a bad person.

After a long way driving, we finally arrived at the hospital and we nearly jumped out of the car. I couldn't wait to see Neil. Even if he wasn't conscious yet. We walked into the elevator and went to Neil's room afterwards. I saw Xavier talking to one of the doctors, wearing his Armani suit, stuffing his hands in his pockets. He flashed the doctor a smile and I suddenly remembered why I fell in love with this man. He is just damn... We walked over to them and Xavier wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Well, thank you, doctor." Xavier said.

"It's my job, Mr. Rodriguez." he said and nodded at me as he walked away.

"How's Neil?" I asked him.

"He can wake up anytime now." he smiled at me and I grinned.

"So, are we going to see him or what?" Margaret asked.

"Yeah... Let's go." I said and we entered the room.

I looked at Neil and he didn't look as bad as before. He looked a little better in fact. He wasn't that pale anymore and a few of his little cuts were healing already. I smiled as I watched him. I just couldn't help it. I was so happy to see that he's doing better. My eyes started to fill with tears. I sat on the chair next to his bed and took his hand in mine.

I just didn't say anything, just stared at him with tears in my eyes. Suddenly his hand started to twitch and I gasped.

"What happened?" Xavier asked.

Margaret rushed over to our side. "What's wrong, Hadley?"

"H-His hand moved!" I said.

"It did!?" Margaret breathed out in happiness.

"Yes!" I said and it moved again. "Oh God! See! It moved again!"

I watched Neil carefully and his eyes slowly opened. he blinked a few times and his gaze dropped on me. He smiled at me and squeezed my hand.

"Nov!!" He smiled wider.

"Neil!! You're awake!!" Margaret ran to hug him, but he stopped her.

"Excuse me. Who are you?"

---

That's it! i'm gonna die! I am dead!

I'm gonna take a run for it before you guys kill me! ADIOS BITCHACHOS!!!

BUT WAIT!!!! Don't forget to

-vote

-comment

-follow

-SHARE IF YOU CAN!!!!! ADIOS BITCHACHOS!!!!!!!